More Qobuz than I own, which clutters Roon

I have an Qobuz account, I use for buying albums. It’s an account, not a subscription for a monthly streaming plan. Besides downloading the albums, it does allow me to stream the music I bought using the Qobuz apps. This will always be in the format I bought or less. Not more.

The integration with Roon now shows everything that is going on within this Qobuz account. It does not only show the albums I bought at the rate I bought, but also all the versions at higher rates and even alternatives to some albums. It shows every album I might have added to favorites to check them out at some time. It shows a Qobuz playlist I cannot delete within Qobuz. And all of this mess is added to my Library.

(Note: I deleted the Favorites within Qobuz. After a day, some of the Favorites are gone from the Roon Library but others have stayed. Probably because somewhere deep down Qubuz there is some other “marking” that makes Qobuz want to push it to the Library. I am not going to spend time to find out why, because it is just a small thing within a greater problem.)

But here’s the thing: I cannot play any of this music. I am not entitled to it, so that’s fair, but I do not want it in my Library.

So basically this is what this is about: with this “Qobuz client account” the integration should simply show the albums I bought at the rate I bought.

As for New Releases, Playlists, Taste of Qobuz and Favorites: I cannot play them, so basically, why showing them? If Qobuz insists of adding them to the integration (because it is a marketing thing and “hey” they need to get something), give us a Qobuz Setup with switches so these tabs (and additions in the Library) can be hidden from the view in the way that My Qobuz simply shows what is mine and nothing more.

For now the only way to have a clean Library again is to delete the Qobuz account from Roon. Which is not a big thing. Just a little bit disappointing :wink: I am sure it will be solved one day.

1 Like

That’s interesting I didn’t know there was an account option.

Yup, I had a Qobuz account for a couple of years just for purchases. It’s only recently that I moved over to a streaming subscription…

Are you talking about the Qobuz browser in Roon (which is simply a view into the Qobuz catalogue, and your activity within it), or are you saying that the entire content of the Qobuz browser has also been added to your Library?

Any albums that you have favourited within the dedicated Qobuz app (or using your web browser in the Qobuz web site) will indeed be added into your library, but you should be able to delete all of these in Roon.

I’m seeing just one Qobuz Playlist that has been added into my Roon Playlists: “An introduction to Qobuz” and that I can delete directly in Roon.

As for New Releases, Playlists, Taste of Qobuz and Favorites: I cannot play them, so basically, why showing them? If Qobuz insists of adding them to the integration (because it is a marketing thing and “hey” they need to get something), give us a Qobuz Setup with switches so these tabs (and additions in the Library) can be hidden from the view in the way that My Qobuz simply shows what is mine and nothing more.

It’s probably marketing, and personally, I just ignore it. The My Qobuz section does show you all the albums that you have purchased from Qobuz (just scroll down), and, like you, that’s mostly what I’m interest in.

Thanks for the feedback here @Qbard – we’re working on some changes to address the issues you and others have raised here.

Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for letting us know!

You’re welcome :smile:

Thanks @Geoff_Coupe for pointing this out. You are absolutely right. Also: when I turned to my desktop I was able to get rid of the Qobuz Introduction Playlist. It helped a little bit, but still: a lot of unwanted and unplayable music was added to the Library.

The thing is: I do not want to put the extra work in it to get back to the state I want it to be. Qobuz integration is great, but if I have to put extra work in it, there is no “gain”, if you know what I mean.

Qobuz is just one of the sources where I get my music. Putting a little bit of work in correcting the metadata of an album is a onetime chare. But having to watch the Qobuz input and keeping the database clean, will never stop (unless it is solved or configurable).

I was looking forward to the Qobuz integration and still think it is a great addition, but I did not realize that in my case (with just a purchase account) it would add a lot of unplayable “music”. To give you an impression: I switched off the Qobuz account and cleaned up the Roon database afterwards. Almost 700 records or files were deleted. To be honest: that’s not just “songs” but also a lot of artist info and images, but still: it shows the amount of extra input Qobuz gave for just 49 Qobuz purchases.

x2 same here. Just a Qobuz account to buy and download music.

I do not fully understand why you would want to log into your Qobuz account. When you have all your Qobuz purchases downloaded and available in your Roon local folders, there is not much advantage to login to Qobuz without streaming subscription. Of course, I agree that when you do not have a streaming subscription Roon should not add content you do not have access to. I think this will be sorted out. I can understand that it would be a good feature when you could access to the streaming of your purchases, which Qobuz allows in their apps. This would be something like an album list. Those albums could be imported and you should then have access to all the resolution you purchased and those that are lower, like you have through the purchase. This indeed is quite buggy at the moment. For some albums I get the purchased resolution indicated in the library, but some of the hires purchases do then only play in CD quality and others do play in hires. This is definitely a bug in the current implementation.

1 Like

Good question. Basically because it’s possible (boys playing with toys) and having done that: just to see if there are any benefits.

So a benefit might be that in the future I do not have to download albums (in the way I am used to) but can add them straight from the Qobuz account. But I totally agree that it’s not really something that is lifechanging…

1 Like

Agree! I’m also one of those that like to play. And with still having the ‘old’ Qobuz sublime annual subscription that includes cheaper hires purchases and streaming the version 1.6 really is a game changer. Now I can go to my favorite owned music, see who was the sound engineer of the album and then have listed all albums on Qobuz the guy also has produced/mixed. Was not possible before 1.6. Of course works also with Tidal only. I get so much more out of the metadata than before when this was limited to my own library with about 2500 albums only. This is the real playground for boys like us.

1 Like

An addendum to the topic: Qobuz is adding “favorites” that I’ve never chosen. I know this for sure - there are albums like Christmas music, children’s music, and new age that there is zero chance that I would ever have looked at, much less marked as favorites.
I can’t find any Roon or Qobuz setting that controls this. Wrote Qobuz support, but haven’t received an answer. I think they are probably pretty swamped right now.
Anyone know anything about this behavior?

@danny2. I replied here first yet have gone back to edit this entry and expanded in Qobuz Favourites not appearing in Roon Favourite Albums. It makes reference that I have seen some content I do not remember adding to Qobuz and does not show under Favourites (yet does show as flagged when I search on that content). Jon