Moving from older Mac Mini running Roon 1.8 to newer Mac Mini

My current server is an older Mac Mini (Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6) with 8 gb of memory. I had problems back when Roon 2.0 was released. My Ipad updated before my server and I have had to control Roon from the Mac mini since then (very annoying!). The Mac Mini wouldn’t update to Roon 2.0 without an upgrade to the operating system and I thought the 8 gb of memory might be a problem so I didn’t upgrade it.

I bought a new Mac Mini over a year ago and have put off installing it. I haven’t changed computers since I started using Roon. I do not like fiddling with computers and software. I use Roon about 70 hrs. a week and I’m very wary of losing my tags, etc. or having any more problems.

-I don’t plan on using the old Mac Mini, should I still delete Roon from it just in case? If so exactly how should I delete. I’ve seen hidden folders mentioned etc.

-I have Roon backup on separate external usb drive. I have my music library (110k songs) on an external drive. When I install new Mac Mini I hook up external drive with library. Then I hookup external drive with Roon backup. I then download Roon software but I don’t log in, I click restore a backup. When this completes I download Roon software to my IPad? Is this correct?

-I read somewhere in knowledge base that both computers need to be running latest Roon software? This obviously can’t happen with the older computer.