MQA and Bluesound

Exactly, I play MQA stuff through BluOS easily enough. A fix is on its way.

I’m relaxed. To me RoonReady means it supports Roon 100%. If I’m wrong, I’d like to know what percentage of support equals RoonReady.

If the device is capable of unfolding MQA, as the Bluesound node claims to be, but it can’t unfold from Roon, it doesn’t appear to me to be 100% RoonReady.

It’s on the way soon.

The comment above indicates it is a heavy lift for them. Probably a lot longer than “soon.”

It all depends on the size of the hopper, I guess.

But given that it is pretty easy to play MQA (local and Tidal) from the Bluesound app in parallel to Roon, it is quite an easy wait.

1 Like

Has Bluesound made the upgrade yet?

Not that I have seen.

Any update here? Does Roon work with MQA on the Node 2?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Ready MQA DAC recommendations

Patient is not my best quality but this takes (much) too long. I bought the 390DDv2 just for that purpose.

I assume this means no update from BlueSound. Oh, well. At least I am saving money.

That is correct. There has been no update on this.

It will help more if you guys ask here:
https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3994&p=18269&sid=b7c6d25f7e52d3754b0893c134056a69#p18269

Just done, gave a not so gentle push

1 Like

Just wondering ?
We’ve found out the hard way that in a Roon Environment the blusound devices will not decode MQA
Has anyone tried feeding the toslink optical “in” with a Roon signal from say a RPi with HiFiberry Digi+

Anybody tried this, any theories on whether this should work???
Others seem to be using this to feed MQA capable DACs that don’t have ethernet???

That’s a good idea but I haven’t tried it. I use the Bluesound App to get MQA until the fix arrives.

I just signed up with Roon, complete newbie. I read through some of this thread because I have a Node 2. After using the Roon app on my iPhone, I played back Eagles Take It Easy and it is displayed (through the Roon app) as TIDAL FLAC 48kHz 24bit, MQA 192kHz. My question is, MQA 192kHz is what it would be if Roon & Bluesound were playing nice together and I’m actually hearing 48kHz. I ask this question because no one mentioned the MQA sampling rates actually displaying. Thanks.

In short: yes – the value indicates what the MQA file will fully unfold to. Once BlueSound releases the updated RoonReady implementation, the BlueSound endpoints will fully unfold up to 192 kHz on the analog outputs or do the first unfold (96 kHz) on the digital outputs when files are played from Roon.

2 Likes

Yeah, Bluesound isn’t quite RoonReady, but they’ve been grandfathered the designation. Long story.