MQA at CES 2018

MQA AT CES 2018: MOBILE STREAMING & NEW PARTNERSHIPS DRIVE MASTER QUALITY AUDIO AVAILABILITY

Is this correct?
Mario

2 Likes

Official MQA press release http://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/news/post/mqa-at-ces-2018-mobile-streaming-new-partnerships-drive-master-quality-audio-availability

However, it doesn’t mention decoding so does it mean anything new for us ?

Interesting.

It HAS to include decoding.

Roon has “supported” local MQA file playback and streaming from Tidal for a year now, but it required an MQA-capable DAC on the other end to provide the decoding.

If this new announcement doesn’t include ubiquitous decoding, I don’t see how there is anything to announce :wink:

1 Like

I agree. Has to be first unfold in software, at a minimum. Any software capable of bitperfect playback supports MQA with an attached MQA-capable DAC, right?

Here’s the pertinent text from the MQA press release:

Roon Labs is the latest software partner to announce integrated MQA support for its award-winning music player. Roon’s desktop software will support local MQA file playback, as well as TIDAL MQA streaming for HiFi subscribers.

Roon now joins MQA software partners Amarra and Audirvana, who both continue to work on their Windows implementation of MQA. Audirvana Plus for Windows 10 will be released by end of January 2018, enjoying the same feature levels as Audirvana Plus for Mac, and benefiting additionally from a totally redesigned user interface.

You make the call. (What is it with MQA and vendor rollouts?)

When has this ever deterred MQA?

5 Likes

Given Roon’s silence on this so far today, my guess is it is true and they will have a press release of their own and a new version out soon. Just a guess.

Or they have Bob Stuart in a back room of CES laying the boots to him for releasing something he shouldn’t have. :grinning:

Finally ! :smile: