Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini late 2012 i7 / Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-54-generic x86_64) / Roon Core 1.7 build 667
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Zyxel Unmanaged switches 100Base-TX - Zyxel AM3100-B0 fiber router with 1Gb ISP connection.
Not using WiFi for Roon and video streaming
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node 2i connected with S/PDIF to Hegel H390 with MQA external DAC enabled, tested Audio clock trim.
Ropieee RPi 2 connected with USB to Hegel H390
Description Of Issue
First, i have to say that i do not have a network problem of any sort, so can rule that out (and i am very sure).
Second, am i not sure this is a Roon issue, it probably isn’t.
Third, did not switch outputs on the Bluesound Node 2i (will do that later because it is a hassle)
Chain of events:
- using Roon, all joy.
- sold my old speakers, and did not have new ones.
- moved core from Mac OSX to Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS on the same machine.
- used Roon with headphones on a Mac using Roon Bridge, all joy.
- update for Bluesound Node 2i , installed it so on latest there.
- new speakers arrive, excitement, listening and … nice but what are those artifacts in the sound???
- tested Audio clock trim enabled and disabled on Bluesound Node 2i, no joy.
- changing from Bluesound Node 2i to RoPieee, joy bliss happiness!!!
- checking all cables on Bluesound Node 2i, try again, nice sound but artifacts in sound remain, MQA blinking on/off irregular on the display of the Hegel.
- checking RoPieee, all joy, no disco on the display of the Hegel.
What is going on?