MQA now on Tidal!

No, Roon, is telling you that the source file is MQA and what its forum is native PCM (undecoded), and what it’s original sample rate is (if fully decoded).

Without MQA decoding all that is available is the native sample rate of the file (typically 48/24).

No, that’s not it either.

This section of the signal path is a description of the file you are playing. That is why it is labeled “Source”:

03 PM

The “MQA 44.1kHz” in that screenshot means that Roon has detected an MQA file and that the MQA file was produced from a 44.1kHz master recording. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

What it means @Bruce_Orr is that you have the joys of MQA yet to come!

Glad we cleared the confusion up (thanks all), I was beginning to question myself.

I would like roon to display if a recording is mqa when doing a search. Right now, if I search for an artist, I might 2 or 3 album icons with no description if 1 is 16/44, or hires, or mqa. I have to start playing each album and click on the dot to tell me what type of recording it is. If roon could put in the upper left corner something like 16/44, 24/96, or mqa, it would make it much simpler to find the hires or mqa files. Thanks

4 Likes

+1 mee too.

+1
+1
+1
+1
(that should get me to 10 characters)

+1 here too.