MQA Roon Support

Of course you’re allowed to ask. But MQA negotiations are subject to non-disclose agreements that mean the only people responding will be fellow users who have no information. All we’re saying is that no one knows except the people who can’t talk and when they can talk, they’ll announce something.

1 Like

As Danny said earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Yup, but how much and what, I can’t speak about publicly.

“post decoded” can mean many things with MQA… think about it more like a progressive scan jpeg. You can decode only half the file, and not get the full resolution photo. It that article, it was not stated what was being sent on the SPDIF. However, it does state that it would be less than the full audio (“No number 2 for you”). It doesn’t state what else might be missing.

Does any progress other than a release really matter? :wink:

How MQA will be implemented of course :flushed: But yeah, there is only so much you guys can communicate.

That being said, I’d hate to think that I could listen to unfolded “Hi-Res” Tidal content on my phone and tablet, but would be required to buy a new DAC to do the same on my home rig via Roon.

> An MQA decoder can be built into hardware, or it can take the form of an app for a smartphone or PC.

Brian has confirmed Roon will Support first unfolding of MQA:

The CES announcement by MQA is an indication that negotiations have finished and a business arrangement is in place. Implementation will follow.

1 Like

That’s GREAT news. Thanks