MQA Settings for Brooklyn and 1.5

At the top of this thread John_Eaton asked, at the end, whether Roon will automatically configure the Brooklyn Dac once it becomes an “identified device”. Is that going to happen any time soon ? I had assumed that because the Manhattan was an identified device that the Brooklyn was also but only recently discovered that it was configured by Roon for “No MQA Support”. Thanks to all the members here for helping me configure it manually but i’ve also discovered that when we have a power failure my device settings return to default–so if i don’t know there’s been a power failure…back to “no mqa support”–would be nice not to have to check every time i fire it up.

Mark, here is another related thread you may have seen. Why is Mytek Brooklyn an Unidentified Audio Device in Roon Several us have been waiting patiently for the Brooklyn and Brooklyn + to become roon recognized devices. It feels like certification has been just around the corner, but actually we’ve been waiting for about 5 months now.
The good news is Michal Jurewicz, from Mytek has recently weighed in and we can only hope our DAC’s will become recognized soon. That said, Michal, only mentioned the Brooklyn DAC +, Liberty and Manhattan Network Card as becoming certified, so I hope for my sake certification will include the original Brooklyn.
Nonetheless, I’m quite sure a device that becomes roon recognized means optimal settings will become automatic.

1 Like

Had not seen that thread when i searched for anything on Brooklyn–thanks–will just wait patiently and, as you said, no big deal now that i know