MQA update for dCS Rossini now available

Miguel,

I figured if anyone knew about dCS topics, it would be you. Sorry if this is an old topic that has a fix but when listening to TIDAL MQA tracks on my Rossini, using the dCS iPad app, the first 1/4 second of the track doesn’t play. The Check for Updates states there is ‘No New Firmware Update’.

Below is the versions of my software.
Front Panel = 1.10
Control Board = 1.10
Network Board Version = 368
App version 1.4.8.

Thanks in advance for your helk.

Brian …

It has happened to me as well. MQA design is pretty complex in terms of filter switching, and this is the source of these small glitches.

One question: Is the display on your Rossini on all the time? This makes a difference - it should be on all the time. I am not sure exactly what the interaction in software is, but it does make a difference.

Miguel

I might know a thing or two :wink:

This is a known issue in the Rossini FPGA firmware and a fix will be released in the next Rossini control board (FPGA) update which is due out later this year. There will be an update to the network firmware in the coming weeks which addresses part of the problem, but the dropout won’t be fixed until the control board firmware update is released.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew.

@AMP Hi Andrew, what is the latest network update? Mine says 398. Thanks, Con.

398 is the current version.

2 Likes

Any timelines for the Rossini FPGA update? Thx.

Soon. I’ll post an announcement here prior to release.

I’m excited to to hear the new release, because have read somewhere that this will bring Rossini to the new level of music reproduction!

Same here… Will be like a “mini Vivaldi”, as my understanding is it will bring the Vivaldi filters and 2x DSD processing range (if I understand correctly, Rossini uses 1x DSD with 5 bits per sample). It will hopefully correct for some rare but noticeable oddities like delayed playback start of MQA content.

Includes all of the above plus a few other goodies.

3 Likes

Great.

I do hope that all existing filters will remain, just add some more.
And have sometimes also a little issue with switching from PCM files to DSD . A rare like scratched Vinyl sound. Until I go back at the beginning of the DSD file and start it again.

Very excited by this pending Rossini upgrade from dCS. Seems churlish to ask how soon is soon? Perhaps better to remain quiet till ready to launch? My mind goes back to the oft promised and equally oft delayed MQA upgrade.

I would just be a little patient.

I guess it is a Christmas present.:heart_eyes:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: dCS Rossini 2.0 update announcement

New firmware released and being discussed here:

Closing this thread as this version is no longer current.