MSNBC news live stream no longer working

Hi, I was able to get MSNBC news Livestream up until June 2022. When I click on the link, the popup reads " Unable to play this station. Its address may have changed or it’s temporarily unavailable". Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

Papawolf

1 Like

Hello @Nelson_Sacristan and welcome to live radio.

I’ve updated the stream - it should work now.

Hi, the MSNBC news stream in live radio is not working again. Would you please update the stream again? Thank you.

Nelson

Hello again @Nelson_Sacristan , I’ve updated the mp3 stream and added an aac stream. Try now.
(US only)

Hi Brian, thanks for the effort however it now says “Station not available, the station doesn’t exist”. I have updated ROON to the latest software, what would be the next step?
Thx, Nelson

Hmm, the station didn’t used to have the us only flag - but now it does. I wonder if that is the issue.

Where are you based?

Hi, I’m in North Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have been able to access that station right up until this week. Strange.

Thx,

Nelson

If I VPN to Canada, and attempt to play from the MSNBC website, I get a message saying “this station is not available in your area” (Similarly, for the UK where I am based). I can only listen if I VPN to the US. Thus I have added a flag to the station geo-restricting access.

What do you get if you try and listen via the website?

Hi, yes, I also have the same results. I have been able to play the MSNBC live stream through some websites in Canada, w/o needing to VPN. Thing is, I want to be able to access a live stream through the ROON app so I can take advantage of the software features, like choosing what ROON-ready device to stream the audio to. This is an example;e of one such site:

Hmm, it’s confusing. From that website you referenced,
MSNBC is a cable news channel based in the United States and available in both the US and Canada.

And from Wikipedia,
Broadcast area United States and Canada

There are other sites which play ok too. Doesn’t make sense that the website hiccups though.

Ok. I’ll add Canada as an allowed country. Try now.

Hi, yes, works great now. Many thanks. and have a great 2023!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.