Multi-disc sets split up on import?

Erm, it’s possible here using mp3tag - what version do you have?

Im still having this terrible problem. Why on earth is it not a priority for Roon? Half my classical box sets dont work despite perfect tagging and meta data and following all the guidance. So annoying!!

Support help! OK, this is quite a series, full of information. But I am back at the beginning: where to find the missing disc of the sequence. Sometimes I come onto disc 3 and where is disc 1 & disc 2? It’s too late to properly identify a series going in. They are already in. Is there any way to find the various Discs and bring them together? Then I can worry about what to do to get them tagged properly.

What I do is locate the various discs and then make sure they have the right consecutive disc numbers using Edit/Fix Track Grouping. That is usually enough for them to be identified as a multi-disc album, but if it isn’t I use Merge Album to do so.

1 Like

I do …

If you want to auto merge on import, make one folder, each disc should be a sub folder CD01 … etc

If you do CD01 - Symphony no.1 etc , Roon will see this as a collection of individual albums and split and attempt ID accordingly

Also making the Album Tag the same for all discs helps, eg”my big box set”

I use Tag & Renameto adjust, you can set up a rename action to provide either format.

All that said don’t expect miracles as some of the real mega sets eg Mozart 225 don’t ID no matter how you do it

It was said above the configuration of JRiver makes it a lot easier

Andy, thanks for this simple yet–I expect–very effective solution. I feel sheepish I didn’t think of it on my own. I used to merge the albums together then spent a long time reordering tracks using the graphic UI. This should make it a lot easier!