Multiple Internal Storage Folders on Nucleus+

Hello I share the same issue except that I can access Roon but at regular interval the the connection is lost and then it starts again. In that context the data base keeps updating as internal storage is being replicated to infinity.
I use a Roon Nucleus+ with SSD (Samsung 960 Evo) as internal storage.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Loic

On my side, I renamed the first duplicating « InternalStorage » file as « temp » which automatically changed all the subsequent dublicating ones to « temp » as well.
As « temp » is set up as an ignored path under edit storage location , the neverending database update stopped.
Then I forced a rescan of the database and it removed all the albums which had been duplicated because of the duplicating « InternalStorage » file. And Roon core connection is not lost anymore.
So all back to normal except that I still have these duplicating « temp » files when I look at the Roon nucleus files through Window on my PC and I cannot delete it as I guess it is seen as an infinite size…

1 Like

Yes, all my content is on an internal SDD drive (inside the Roon Nucleus box). My music is stored in subfiles within the “InternalStorage” file. And among these subfiles I had “InternalStorage” (now renamed “Temp”) getting replicated indefinitely (exemple: internalstorage > music A file / music B file / temp /… ; If I click on the “temp” file then I have again: music A file / music B file / temp / and so on and so forth…

I hope the above description is clear…

1 Like

Thanks. For some reason, I was under the impression the Nucleus had built in storage and I had added a second storage drive. My bad (senior moment). Only 1 SSD drive and no built in storage.

So looks like same configuration and same issue. Let’s see Roon support feedback.

Hi @Loic_Venturini,

Thank you for the report, can I please request that you send me a copy of your Nucleus logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me is via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link. Thank you.

Hello Noris,

Please see Log file including logs from this morning (but not the first ones when I started the update at 7.19 CET) and from now. Thank you.

Hi @Loic_Venturini,

Thank you for sending those log files over. I have located the relevant traces and I have forwarded them to our technical team. We are investigating this issue internally and once I have more information to share I will be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Hi Noris,

Would you have any feedback post your first investigations? Thank you!

Hi @Loic_Venturini,

Thanks for pinging me again. Yes actually, as a matter of fact I do. I believe I can help resolve this behavior remotely by sending a “refresh” command to your Nucleus.

Before I’m able to perform this function though, I kindly request that you create a Backup of your current Roon database (or confirm you have a recently created one) and power the unit on.

Once you have done both please let me know and I can check to see if the Nucleus is able to communicate with our diagnostics servers for this troubleshooting technique. Thank you.

Thanks Noris, back up is done and the unit is powered on. You can go ahead and check.

Hi @Loic_Venturini,

Thanks for letting me know. The refresh command has been been sent to your Nucleus.
Please follow these next steps to finish this troubleshooting process:

• Connect all of your active media locations to the Nucleus

• Important - Go to Roon Settings -> Storage and verify that all your locations which contain media files are currently connected to the Nucleus (make sure that nothing you use on your day-to-day is listed as offline - this includes NAS and any external USB Storage you may have)

• Go to Roon Settings -> Library -> Clean Up Library

• Select all of the 3 options listed there and perform a library cleanup (deleted files/not associated with storage location/disabled storage locations)

• Perform a library cleanup

• Reboot your Nucleus

• Let me know if the same behavior is still occurring

Thanks!

Perfect, it works. After the reboot, it performs the system upgrade with database update. Looking on windows I do not see anymore a duplication of the “internalstorage” file (which I had renamed “temp” to temporarily sort out the issue).

Thank you very much Noris!

Kind regards,

Loic

Hi @Loic_Venturini,

Happy to help and glad to hear that the issue is sorted! If you have any further issues, don’t hesitate to reach out, take care!