Multiple outputs aggregation to play multichannel tracks

I would like to be able to create a multichannel pseudo-device in Roon, from two or more stereo outputs / dacs, in order to play multichannel tracks.

Maybe this would work for you? JCR

Thanks for your suggestion, Jeffrey. However I’ve got two Direcstream DSD dacs from PSAudio and a 4.0 system would fit better for me.

So, then, you should get one of the miniDSP udio-8 interfaces and then you can link your two DACs together to create a 4 channel multichannel DAC, if that is what you want to accomplish. However, you’ll be limited to 24/192 that way. I know of no device to link and clock two DSD DACs together. JCR

Ok, it could a be solution, but I’d need to buy a new piece of hardware, cables and etc. Having paid more than $119/yr I thought Roon could accomplish it easier. That’s why I put this message in the “features request” section.

Ah, I get it. Well, the udio-8 is your answer to make it work. @mitr wrote in Stereophile that the interface is as indispensable to MCH as the cream to an Oreo cookie. :slight_smile: Based on what I’ve seen over the last several years, I don’t think you’ll see anything from Roon that can do what you’d like. Roon can’t control the clock drift between your two DACs, for one issue. But fair enough to ask, for sure. JCR