Muscle Shoals - Docmentary on Fame Studios

Perhaps already seen by most, YouTube and others have a documentary of Muscle Shoals. Great times in music. Box Scaggs “Loan Me a Dime” was a great night time blues song.

5 Likes

When I had just moved to the U.S. friends told me about Muscle Shoals, but having grown up with the Stockholm archipelago I thought it was Mussel Shoals. “Musselgrund”.

“Muscle” comes from the native Americans having to work really hard paddling their canoes up the rapids.

2 Likes

" artists who recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio included The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Wilson Pickett, Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Cocker, Levon Helm, Paul Simon, Bob Seger , Rod Stewart, Tamiko Jones, and Cat Stevens."

There is a line in Sweet Home Alabama about The Swampers. My neighbor was a friend of David Hood which is where I first learned of the Studio and later went one evening to buy my first Harley from a guy at a gas station.

Duane Allmän Anthology(ies I & II) have a lot of that music. The histories of The Allman Bros and Lynyrd Skynyrd are a piece of Americana as were Marshall Tucker, Wet Willie, Charlie Daniels, etc.

2 Likes