Music Plays Too Fast

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus (just purchased)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris Surfboard / ASUS Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Bartok / Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Audio is playing too fast (way too fast)

Hi @Mark_Monroe,

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path for the dCS?

If you play to a different endpoint does the same issue occur?

So when I switched from using The Roon app on my iPhone to an iPad the problem went away. Is there some issue with using it on the iPhone?

Hi @Mark_Monroe,

Just to clarify - when you are saying that the music is “playing too fast”, is this just the seek indicator moving faster than expected when using your iPhone remote? Is there any change in behavior if you reinstall the iPhone Roon app?

I don’t know how to get the screen shot into this conversation, but it sounds like the Chipmunks are singing. It’s just some songs not all of them.

Hi @Mark_Monroe,

You can upload screenshots to this forum by using these instructions.

Have you tried re-installing the Roon iOS app on your iPhone? You can press-and-hold the icon from the main menu until an X pops up and then reinstall the Roon app from the Apple App store.

A post was split to a new topic: Music playing too fast on dCS Bartok

@Mark_Monroe

I had what looks like the same problem. I’ve spotted some extra detail and added it to a thread that the mods split off here:

Would be interested to know if we share any other aspects of our setup aside from the Bartók.

Are you using any of the following?

• eero mesh network devices
  • Uptone etherRegen
  • particular Ethernet cables (I’ve tried Tellurium Q, totalDAC and Blue Jeans CAT6)

Hello @Mark_Monroe ,

We’ve reached out to dCS for assistance with this issue, thanks for your patience.

-John

Hey,

Yeah I’m using none of those. Your description is exactly what I was experiencing - seemed to happen after it had been on for a while. FWIW I ended up returning the Bartok and the Nucleus and getting an Ayon S-10 and Roon Rock RS9. Highly recommend the switch if you’re able to do it…much improved sound and no glitches

Great stuff — thanks for the additional detail, Mark. Will look into the kit you mentioned, too.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.