Music Videos - Tidal

Hi I’ve only just noticed tidal have a music video feature and I’m using a nvidia shield to my TV then optical to my DAC.

It would be so cool if there was a video section in tidal within Roon. The audio can be sent to my DAC by its usual means (a streamer) and the corresponding video feed could be send to my chromecast display like roon does with lyrics etc.

Is this difficult to implement? Is this a feature Tidal need to implement or do you have what you need already?

Thanks

3 Likes

hye guy’s ,
Is it possible to stream with Roon somme Tidal VIDEOS to an end point such like a Samsung TV or other Sonos Beam attached to a TV or smart Screen ?
I love to hear Music in Video Clips
Wouldn’t be Nice ?

1 Like

No it’s a music application not video.

Are you sure? So why this sophisticated new UI…

Especially “Visual Albums” like: An Evening at Capitol Studios: Bach Recomposed (Visual Album) by Peter Gregson on TIDAL

1 Like

It plays music not video, use Plex for this it’s a multi media format server.

I second that request - especially now that Tidal has music video playlists!!

1 Like

Pity ,
I had prefered to use always and only Roon to stream Tidal

I third the vote for this feature. If Plex can do it, Roon should be able to do it better!

All these years on and I dropped Tidal over MQA. I would consider coming back if the video feed could go to a chromecast display and let the audio pass through my hifi.

I have achieved it, I use roon as a hi fi audio transmitter, but the video of the song plays (not exactly synchronized and the best video I found on YouTube) to an appletv or android tv / chromecast. I have used Node-red and Home assistant to do all the management.