MX Linux / Roon Bridge Installation error

Bingo…Mint works too. Thanks for that Network config tip.

Gotta ask though, if all you want is to have a core and control gui running on your desktop in order to control a remote endpoint why go through all the trouble with setting up the VMs if you can run the Windows client via Wine with much less overhead?

Hate to see old PC’s collect dust. This one is running DAW software and now connected to Studio Analog equipment. Probably give it to a young musician. It functions very well and I can tune into Roon with my headphones or analog stuff while building it. I have several endpoints in the configurations here. Most of all I am feeding a need for a little system integration after 10 years of retirement. I love to learn and I can see System Technology moving into Virtual enviorments its inevitable. Well meeting everyone in the community is fun too. Lots of help for any thing you want to do. Thanks for helping me too. Two heads are better than one. Software & Hardware are like crossword puzzles. One more thing…Exploring Linux is a passion…everyone helps everyone so I strive to find a better distro? See you gave me another idea Wine… I recall SunSolaris introducing a WABI back the 80s. I think it was called Windows Applications Binary Interface…Sound like Wine too.

Give this project a try if you want core and ui on the same machine

install mx in kvm or Virtualbox
add usb audio as host device
apt install squeezelite
set SL_SOUNDCARD=“sysdefault:CARD=x20” in /etc/default/squeezelite
enable squeezebox in roon
et voilà

1 Like

Yea…Just started to monkey around with PiCore, Squeezelite & Logitech Media Server.
Not a bad setup. You can stream to RPI endpoints via Tidal without Tidal connect. Its like a mini-roon.
Now I will give it a try inside VB! Thanks for giving me more VB configuration designs. Its seems endless. Reminds me of the image of the “Mirror” on the LP cover of Pink Floyd Ummagumma! Keeps on going…Droste effect! Thanks again.

Next thing you know old Jeds a millionaire!

You could use squeezelite as Roon endpoint on your mx linux, without any virtualization. Keep it simple.

Thanks, for the KIS…Learning more everyday. Thanks Nickpi

I was looking for directions and I found this.

Look at this:
Squeezelite/Software endpoints
Roon does not support software implementations of squeezebox endpoints, and we do not test with them as part of our QA process. If you attempt to do this, you are on your own.

Install squeezelite with apt. If it does not work with your default audio device, you can set the output in /etc/default/squeezelite .
Then go to Roon Settings, Setup, Enable Squeezebox support, et voilà !