My genres not appearing in genre list

Wiping the machines clean of roon and roonserver, renaming the music volume, then reinstalling provided a fresh start that got rid of this behavior.

All my personal genres (from file tags) appeared only in the ā€œuncategorisedā€ section of the Genre Browser.

Incidentally, of ~700 CD albums, some 100 appear as uncategorised due to a mismatch in album, which I am unable to correct. This may have something to do with the Genre problem but not sure.

Anyway, when trying to create top level genres from my personal tags, Roon hangs at the very first effort, the Roon logo remaining animated for over an hour. Iā€™ve tried removing all Roon library elements except for the Application directory many more times than I can count, with no success.

Iā€™ve also removed the entire Roon directory and reinstalled the program various times, and have experimented with importing only part of my library, but every time I try to save a personal tag as a Top level tag, the system will just hang seemingly forever, even with only 30 or so albums in the library. This is so frustrating. Does anyone have any tips?

When clicking cancel, and clicking the rotating progress icon top right, the popup below is shown, and its progress bar is stuck at the same position every time.

I think I know what I am doing wrong:

Pfffff, I found what was causing the crashā€¦

This happens when going from browsing the personal genre, clicking the pencil icon, clicking edit, then Choose Genre, then typing my personal genre in the Filter Roon Genres list and then selecting it from the section below.

Instead I should go from browsing the personal genre, clicking the pencil icon, clicking edit, then Choose Genre, and then only selecting ā€œMake Top-Level Genreā€ from the section below.

Perhaps the system could be made to not hang when going about this the wrong way? Or give a hint perhaps?

Iā€™ve got the same problem. Strange glitch in ver 1.8. Needs repair.

This thread is 5 years old and Mods have closed it.

If you have a similar problem to an old thread and want assistance, donā€™t necro the old thread. Open a new Support post setting out all the requested details.