My nucleus seems to have lost it's memory

Roon Core Machine

I have a roon Nucleus (REV B) SN 54B2038BF927

I use an ipad for the roon app

Networking Gear & Setup Details

It is directly wired on Ethernet. My service is through Sea Ranch Connect optical cable.

Connected Audio Devices

It is connected to an Ayre Codex digital converter, and a Luxman integrated amp.

Number of Tracks in Library

I’m not sure how large my library is. A few hundred albums.

Description of Issue

PG&E needed to disconnect power for a few hours, and when it came back, my library seemed to be gone. I log into my account, and the next window is: add your music. music folder is not highlighted, when I click on add folder, choose music storage folder is empty, so nothing to select. the only other option is disable. when I click continue, it asks me to enroll in tidal and qobuz, where I have had accounts for over a year now. Rebook has not changed anything. My support salesman at Music Lovers in Berkeley was not able to find the problem and suggested I check in with you. Help please!

Gray Franke

Do you have all your music stored on 2.5" on the Nucleus ?
Can you take a screen cature of your web-interface for the Nucleus ?

http://nucleus.local
or
http://nucleusplus.local

I assume it was on the nucleus. The system was set up by the sales guy, and I’ve only used the app. I did not receive alerts saying it wasn’t backed up, and he loaded a bunch of albums I had burned.
I don’t know how to access my web-interface. when I click on either of the links you provided I get ‘server not found’ in my browser. I’m pretty lame around some of this tech stuff.

I suspect the Nucleus was powered off and you have converted the remote to a Core.

Please confirm what devices you use to control Roon, and check that the Nucleus is powered on. Then go to Roon Settings > General and confirm what device is listed in the ROON CORE box.

3 Likes

Here is a screen shot of my ipad roon app after I log in. no roon settings available.

how do I access web interface?

Hook a monitor up to the Nucleus. After it boots up, you will see an IP address. Enter that in a web browser.

Or you can try this in a web browser, but I’ve never had luck with that method.

If your Nucleus was powered on when the power was cut, then it’s also possible that your library has become corrupted beyond repair. Hope you dealer set up backups for the Roon library, but I doubt it.

As far as Roon goes, most HiFi salesmen are clueless and worthless.

In this example, type: http://192.168.0.11 in you web browser.

1 Like

OK. I connected a hdmi cable from the nucleus to my tv, and it showed this address:
https://192.168.1.64. When I put this in firefox, and enter, I get this message. It cannot connect.

Can you say what IP address your iPad has? It may be that the Nucleus and the iPad are sitting on different networks - one for wired devices and the other for wifi devices.

OK. My ipad has the IP address 192.168.4.45. Now what?

This indicates that your iPad and core are on different subnets so, at the moment, they can’t talk to one another. I’ve just been reading up on Sea Ranch Connect and saw that the default router allows for multiple VLANs, particularly with respect to QoS. This means that it creates different networks, such that a device on one network won’t be able to talk directly to a device on another.

It’s also possible that you have installed an additional router in your house, or wifi mesh system, that is running on a different subnet. If so, let us know the details and someone will be able to advise you.

To fix this you could try logging in to your router and seeing if you can fix this yourself (I can’t find any screen grabs of the default router’s interface so can’t advise), or give Sea Ranch Connect a call and explain the problem to them.

2 Likes

OK, I worked with Sea Ranch connect and I guess the eero router was part of the problem. I’ve changed the setting within, so the ip address on the wifi is more similar to the ethernet ip address.
the eero app sees the nucleus…
macbook pro ip address 192.168.1.6
ipad with roon app 192.168.1.68

Wow, I got this system status page when I clicked on the nucleus.local link. Thanks!

5 Likes

Network configuration is the main cause for issues. It is not Roon’s fault, and it is complicated for “normal users” to understand. Happy that you found a solution :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.