My ROCK still sounds flat

Brother, you could play Coltrane on a transistor radio and he’d still sound good.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have absolutely no idea why Audirvana would sound different from Roon, but then again, why does the same track streamed from Tidal through Roon to my Bluesound Node 2 sound different from streaming from Tidal through the BlueOs app?

Why is there no noticeable difference when streaming a local file?

Every vendor announces this bit perfect thingy, but I dunno… I’m not opening that can of :wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash:

What speaker was it paired with? Using it’s DAC or another DAC? Just curious, since my Nova 300 sounds anything but … flat.

1 Like

Or its feasible it just sounds better. He’s not the only one to mention this. I have also heard the same on other forums from different users.

1 Like

So is it the amp or my DAC or a combo of booth.
When I have a CD player hooked up it sounds much better

If memory serves, it was paired with B&W CM8’s (don’t recall if it were s1’s or S2’s). It wasn’t a Nova 300 but a 150. Source was a bog standard Marantz CD player.

It didn’t play very well with the CM8’s. It lacked a lot in the lows and presented a premature roll off in the highs.

But as always: listening tests are subjective.

Even they are considered bit perfect, it doesn’t mean it will sound exactly the same. You have to factor in jitter and noise; all different interfaces and setups exhibit to some degree.

Such as CD players vs streamers, also when you rip CD in bit perfect and playback in another setup sure you going hear some difference. Try to settle on a setup you like the sound and enjoy your music. This endless search of why different setups sound different is crazy.

I totally agree with you @MusicFidelity. I just added the bit perfect reference because it is often used to suggest that perceived sonic differences are figments of the listener’s imagination or worse even: to digress into endless discussions about which interlink is best without the slightest bit of common sense :kissing_closed_eyes:

Of course it does.
I’ve yet to hear digital streaming the sounds as good as CD no what the resolution of the file.
I’ve spent 10s of thousands on digital audio but my CD player still sounds slightly better.
Of course I listen to Roon/Tidal more than CDs because of the convenience.