Mytek Brooklyn Plus Interconnect problem

OK, entry level question, guys. The left speaker keeps dropping out its connection. I have bluejeans cable spdf connecting the mytek to the power amp. When i shake the damn mytek unit silly with lots of cable yanking, it restores the full sound to the speaker. Temporary fix. What am i supposed to do, try replacing the cable? IF it’s a problem with the mytek output, do i try to replace it? Honestly i was thinking of getting a cheap xlr cable and connecting that to the amp. Doesn’t it click into place and is therefore less likely to have a connection problem? thanks

Seems, it’s irritating you to the point of doing things you might regret in hindsight…

Have you tried swapping channels at the input vs. at the output to help determine the problem’s source, and what’s been the outcome if you tried already?

Some XLR jacks have silver plated contacts that tarnish and can cause intermittent connections over time, so just replugging all ends a couple of times may fix that.

Standing by…

Is this the Brooklyn DAC+? SPDIF to AMP doesn’t make sense…

If I’m right that this is the DAC, what is the input and output? @Marin_Weigel suggestion switching L/R could place blame or exonerate the amp…

Edit: as Marin implies, swapping cables and switching L/R is the most cost effective initial troubleshooting action.

thanks guys. problem seems to have resolved. no further shaking of unit required!

What seems to have been the problem, then?