NAD C 658 Certification?

Been using my NAD C658 connected to a Mac mini as a server running latest Roon for a while.

No problems, good sound (better with Dirac on), no complaints.

But when I check the Audio Settings, it tells me the C658 is still ‘uncertified’.

Who’s responsible for fixing this? NAD or Roon?

Just curious…

– P

1 Like

I would be interested in knowing this as well, as I am considering buying one. As it used BluOS hopefully it shouldn’t be an issue to get it Roon certified.

Very Cool…now with the new Bluos update (just released) the MQA lights up on display when playing from Roon ! A few caveats:

1. In Roon the C658 must be configured as both Decoder and Renderer

2. Select NO for “Enable MQA Core Decoder”

3. This is interesting…MQA songs will flat out not play if Dirac is turned on. You can trick it by starting a song first then engaging Dirac on the fly, but if you try to start an MQA song while Dirac is engaged then you just get static.

4. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the MQA logo to light up on the front display…doesn’t always immediately recognize.

So progress !!!

I should point out that if you play MQA song thru the Bluesound app then it seems to work nicely alongside Dirac…

Still the ability to play MQA through Roon is a nice improvement, even if Dirac must be turned off.

Curious what will happen during today … seems to me that M10 and C658 are same generation of devices so solution should be available for C658 as well.

I think the C658 came out a bit before the M10 on the market. Like i said before if it’s Roon that change something on their side then this is a user case in the list. Probably during the day it will be certified.

I have send an email to Roon support about this and I received an email from support saying it will be a firmware update from NAD.

In your case the M10 is still 3.10.3 same for the C658.

Hmmm.

NAD M10 - firmware version 3.10.3 / RAAT SDK version 1.1.36

This is situation as per September 21, 2020 @ 2:30 PM (CEST).

Flag showing M10 uncertified is gone in favor of ROON ready.

Wow great !
I don’t see the C658 anymore in Roon. I only see the C658 Airplay.

Edit:
Now after a few minutes it’s look like it certified.

Hope it will stay like this from now on.

Keep our fingers crossed …

After rebooting the NUC Rock Core today the NAD C658 shows as Roon Ready.

Hi SylvainP and others,

The NAD C658 is certified as per today!

1 Like

Hi Danny,

Thanks for getting the NAD C658 certified as per today!
I don’t see/hear the differences yet, But it gives a comforting feeling that NAD and ROON sorted this out. Happy lifetime user!

1 Like

I’m thrilled the C658 is now certified. As a matter of fact, I’ve already applied for the “developer” exemption without knowing a new SW release for the player was available.

May I seek you guys on your feedback on C658? Thinking of getting it into my setup. Thanks.

Some problems with firmware and sub pre outs at first. Returned my first unit and am on my second one now. Firmware looks like bugs are gone and sub pre out works fine as well. Other then that I love it! Super flexible and sounds amazing! I just recently paired it up with the NAD c268 amp. Dirac made a night and day difference as well. Hope that helped.