NAD C 658 Certification?

(Eric Kaiser) #1

Since other NAD and BluOS products are certified, will this DAC gain certification? If so, any idea when?
@support
I’ll send you mine (as long as you send it back) if it expedites the process.

Roon Nucleus to 2 location
(John) #3

Hello @Eric_Kaiser,

We have the NAD C 658 in the Roon Lab undergoing certification testing already, but thanks for the offer :smile:

-John

1 Like

Forgive the ignorance but does this mean the 658 will not operate as a full MQA renderer and decoder until it is certified? I can only get MQA working on it via the BluOS app. When using Roon, the MQA light on the front panel of the NAD never comes on, no matter how I set it up (as renderer only, decoder only, or renderer/decoder).

(Niek Kuizenga) #5

Hi John,

Any news yet on the certification-readiness of the NAD C658?
Thanks for yr reply!

(John) #6

Hello @Niek_Kuizenga,

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the expected timeline for devices undergoing certification. Rest assured, both Roon and NAD are working to make this happen as soon as possible!

-John

2 Likes
(Niek Kuizenga) #7

Thanks for your prompt reply! Very reassuring!
(I just bought the unit, will get it in the course of next week :wink:

I am a passionate Roon user…

(Paul Kraft) #8

With our demo C 658, no MQA light comes on, however Roon indicates that the unit is acting as an MQA Renderer in the Signal Path.

(Gary MacGregor) #9

Is there any update from ROON on this? It’s been around 3 months since it was confirmed testing was underway…

(John) #10

Hello @Gary_MacGregor,

We do not have any news to share at this time.

-John

2 Likes
(eli cohen) #11

So can I order the NAD C658?
:slight_smile:

(John) #12

Hello @eli_cohen,

Since we do not share timelines for partner certifications, I recommend reaching out to NAD for the latest status on the NAC C 658 Roon Ready certification.

-John