NAD C399 Bluesound being reported as not Roon Ready

@jamie Here’s what you are missing.

I had an active subscription from 1st Jan 2022 to 1st April 2022. Please check your records.

During that entire period it was shown as Roon Ready on the websites that keep getting linked in this thread. Also during that entire period the error message in the post by another poster above was consistently shown when trying to connect. “Not Roon Certified please contact your manufacturer” which I did and they said they were working on the problem with Roon but could not give me an expected resolution date.

The website pages were wrong. It was not certified.

I would like to consider taking out a subscription again, but continuing to provide links to pages that were incorrect for 3 months doesn’t help. They were incorrect for an extended period, not a “slight issue that was fixed within a few days”.

Even if you seem disinclined to believe me, you can see from the two other posters in this thread that it was true on 19 Jan, 20 Jan right through to 25 Mar.

I also have correspondence from NAD support dated 5th May saying that at that point they were still working on the certification, but could not give an estimated completion date.

I understand now that these links are the only place where such a list is publicly maintained, and that Roon Certified normally preceeds being awarded Roon Ready badge. For the C399 however there was a glitch in that process.

I would be happy to try a subscription again if someone can confirm other than simply pointing to a list that was incorrect for at least 3 months that the issue has now been resolved. I have no proof that they were incorrect in Nov and Dec too, but they certainly said at that point that the C399 was Roon Ready, but it seems unlikely considering that they were not correct right through until 1st April.

An additional 2+ months have passed since my subscription expired and I’d like to try Roon again, but don’t want to pay a full month’s subscription just to find out if the issue has gone away.

I take it you are on the latest firmware for the C399?

\ 40x40 Kellie S. (NAD Electronics)

Jun 13, 2022, 9:27 AM EDT

Hi Craig,

At this point in time, our Engineering Team is still continuing to get the C399 ROON certified.

With that being said, we here in technical support are not provided a timeline on future development and releases so I can not say for certain when this will become available. However, rest assured that our Engineering Team will be doing everything they can to get the C399 ROON certified as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Kellie S.
NAD Electronics Support Crew Analyst

So NOT Roon Ready then.

Hey @Craig_Arnold,

Thank you for these details. I just spoke with our Roon Hardware Expert, he has assured me that the device is Roon Ready certified and has been since early April. We’re uncertain why NAD support would say otherwise, he coordinates directly with the team responsible for certification at NAD. We apologize for your trouble and the conflicting information you’ve received.

We’re glad to hear that you’d like to give Roon another try and we fully understand your hesitancy given the experience you’ve had. I’ve just launched a trial on your account so you can test your system before having to commit. If we can do anything else to help please let us know.

3 Likes

@jamie

Thank you very much Jamie. I have started things up and can confirm that I am no longer getting any error messages.

It’s working! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Craig_Arnold,

Thank you for the update, I’m glad that things are working for you now! Happy listening and welcome back! :v:t2: :headphones:

@SimplyStereo, welcome to the Community. I recommend you create a new Support thread for your issue in case you have a different set of circumstances than the OP in this thread.

I just want to chime in with another positive note here. Last night I picked up the C399 with the MDC2 card, plugged my Mac Mini hosting Roon Core into it via ethernet, and it worked flawlessly. I can’t say enough good things about this integrated amp.

I hope its more reliable than T778 I am sending back, had 3 faulty units, I am done with NAD.