NAD C658 vs TEAC NT-505

Going to be very interesting comparing the NAD C658 with the TEAC NT-505 (once the NAD is actually launched and the TEAC gets the Roon update. Pretty much direct competitors in price (around £1500) and a lot of their functionality. Although DIRAC in the NAD is a big advantage.

Any more news on these 2 products…plus ? get the NAD M10 and ditch my amplifier :slight_smile:

The M10 looks interesting. I think the C658 May just about be about available now. The real-world price of the Teac in the UK seems to have come down to about £1100 and it has the Roon update now.

I have just pushed the button on an NT-505. I can’t compare it to the Nad but I’ll put it through its paces and it’ll no doubt find a place somewhere in one of my setups.

1 Like

I have to say, having just read the Nad spec sheet, it looks like an awesome bit of kit, and dare I say it very much eclipses the Teac. I also like the notion that it is potentially upgradeable. We all know the NT-505 will be replaced soon with something designated 506 or 507 and it’ll be interesting to see how long the Roon Readiness is maintained with any required updates on the NT-505. Anyhow I am not sorry I ordered the Teac, it is about form for me. Size matters! But I think the Nad product will have the legs to keep going.

I am thinking of getting the NT 505 . Like the form as well. I have had an NAD M51 for 5 years and want a bit of a change. I thought the the 505 was a new product, why /when do you think it will be replaced by a new model? Will that eally efeect the Roon ability of the 505, surely it stays compatible ?

I don’t know it will, but the NT-503 was only around for 18 months before it was replaced. There are still unsold units in stock. The primary driver in replacing the NT-503 was the short lifespan of the AK4490EQ chip which was only a couple of years. Maybe there will be a pause before they begin to work on the AK4497EQ replacement. As for continued compatibility, that revolves around wether Roon can update across the network like it does with RoonBridge devices or will updates need to come from Teac?

Thanks…still worth a punt though huh. Sounds like you enjoy yours. Can’t get them here in New Zealand but will be in Brussels and London later in the year travelling via Hong Kong…do you know of any good outlets ? Cheers

I am in the Midlands in the U.K. so apart from a local outlet (who don’t hold stock) no. I believe Teac EU is in Belgium though.

CHEERS, will take a look around

I decided to buy the Teac NT-505 because:

higher sample rate at 352.8Khz with Tidal MQA
possibility to use it as usb sound card (at maximum of 768Khz)
professional quality build, solid and heavy metal case
dual dac circuitry + dual toroidal transformers
Akm dacs, the same used by Universal Audio professional studio audio interfaces
good price, about €1.600,00
works flawlessy with Roon

1 Like

Good choice…I want one of these Teacs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the teac nt 505. Working well. Good choice. Great sound