NAD d1050 DAC on Android

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Latest builds: 1.6 (433) for phone, 1.6 (416) for core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Phone is connected to Wifi. Core is connected wired. No problems with connection to the core.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD d1050 DAC connected to my OnePlus 5 Android phone (OTG).

Description Of Issue

I can’t for the life of me get Roon on my Android phone to detect my NAD d1050 DAC. It works fine with UAPP.

Roon currently wont work like UAPP.

As @Rugby has said Roon does not recognise DACS on Android as of yet so uses system audio only. They are working on a full android refresh to allow this.

Aw that’s too bad, do you know the eta for the new app?

No they have not hinted as to when only that’s it’s being worked on. Roon keep things under wraps until they are ready.

Wait a minute… If Dragonfly can work on an Android phone how come my d1050 cannot?

It’s doesnt work in Roon on Android, nothing does. As I explained earlier. Nothings changed here. Roon tested means it will work connected to a computer or streamer that has usb audio out of iOS devices.
Saying that you can use it to ouput audio from Roon but it won’t be bit perfect as Roon wont see it.

So are you saying that by the use of “phone” in the blog post, they mean IOS phones only?

So I would have the same experience with the Cobalt as with the d1050?

Yes and no. iOS works with external DACs properly and Roon will see it as part of the chain in most cases. Android doesn’t due to the current limitations of the OS. You can code around it as UAPP have, but currently Roon does not so you get system audio and not bit perfect exclusive control. This results in most apps Roon included currently outputting at 48/24 only,.Qobuz, Tidal are all the same. Roon are working on a refresh for Android that hopes to work like UAPP and work around the limitations of the os.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.