Naim - Mu-so and Mu-so Qb

Hi,

Is anyone aware if the Naim Mu-so and Mu-so Qb are Roon ready as I can’t find any reference on their web site?

If they are, any user feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

As far as I know, they are streamable from Roon via AirPlay only.

@brian can chime in if this is not the case.

Quick question, I m interested in Mu-So hence asking. There is USB input, we cannot stream through USB input to Mu-So Qb?

It’s not an asynchronous USB port, it’s for iPod and USB sticks to the best of my knowledge.

.sjb

Thanks! I re-read on Naik page to see if I understood differently (living in denial?). So essentially it’s airplay. Which is good for Rooners to begin with.

Same goes for Zeppelin (b&w) with AirPlay.

Has anyone done SQ between Mu-So Qb and Zeppelin ?

Mu-so is so much better than Zeppelin in terms of SQ…you can also use sonicorbiter as a upnp bridge to Mu-so so you are able to deliver 24/192 quality files

1 Like

Very late to this but I’m thinking about getting a Mu-So. It occurred to me that it would be possible to add a RPi running Ropieee with an IQAudIO DIGI+ hat or similar and connect it to the optical input of the Mu-So. That would be a Roon/RAAT compatible solution, maybe not the most elegant but the RPi is easy to hide away.

The new Naim Uniti platform and their new streamers are all Roon Ready devices. I can’t imagine it will be long before the Mu-so joins them, hence I wouldn’t be rushing to buy one currently.

.sjb

The Uniti Nova is a brilliant device, but unfortunately its also way out of my price range! The Mu-so is more realistic, and I dare say you are right that a firmware update or revision could make it Roon Ready.

I don’t think it will be a firmware update, I think it will be a Mu-so 2.
I could be wrong if course but I’m just warning you that your mu-so could well be superseded quite quickly. This may not bother you, it would me.

Cheers.

.sjb

It would only bother me if the sound quality was better on the nebulous Mu-So 2… the Roon Ready certification would be a nice to have, but the RPi solution works just as well with the current model.

1 Like