Need advice please with HEGEL

Good point. I will look into purchasing a DAC to see if it is a better fit with the Hegel than another integrated would be.

I did use a Pi as a work around streamer. I don’t think it mates well with the Hegel dac. Worked much better with a Schiit DAC I have on hand from our bedroom system.

1 Like

IMHO Hegel’s real strength is in their amplification. I have Dynaudio Contour 30s, which are not easy to drive, and even the H190 handles them with ease.

1 Like

I got myself a Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3. It is Roon ready and the SQ is superior to the built-in dac inside my H190. In this case the Mini-i is a very good addition to the H190 in tearms of SQ. The Mini-i also has a lower noise floor compared to the H190’s DAC.

1 Like

Just had a look at the Matrix. Mentioned on the Matrix site- a little insight to what Hegel are most likely going through right now, although “months” as opposed to years :grimacing:

“ In the past few months, Matrix has devoted a large part of its research and development efforts to Roon Ready certification. They went through more than 4 rounds of firmware modification and tests together with Roon Labs team members located in the US and France, and solved all technical issues and passed the strict tests by Roon Labs. Roon have updated the certification status of Mini-i 3.”

Rory I wonder if Roon are also getting stricter about allowing failures to get past testing.
Based on complaints from forum members it sound like before September things were more lax.

So far I have found zeros issues so far Roon playback. I know one user has found that some Croatian character’s not displaying, but thankfully not music related.
This could be impacting Hagel, Buchart as well as KEF

Mike

Yeah, i’ve also been looking at this streamer, and following the thread. Looks really promising, and reviews have been positive.

Hi @Anders_Ertzeid
Have the H120 and H190 been sent to ROON for certification? You mentioned this in your post of January 18th.

And If so, do you already have some results?

If it is not there it is not true…

75+ companies that have been able to achieve something that is so elusive for Hegel

Roon 1.8 has now been released which is a major upgrade from 1.7, Hegel back to square one

1 Like

Man, and they were so close to being ready… :joy:

1 Like

How awful.
Millions dying because they can’t breathe… but let’s prioritise…
how good it is to have such problems and to imagine that this is what matters… spewing vehemence that most don’t want to hear.

How do you endure.
How do any of us.
So good to be in the top 10% of wealthy people on the planet.

i smell what you’re cooking, but you might be in the wrong forum

people here I’m sure care about those things, but if you want to spend your energy wisely on these issues, a forum focused on audio streaming services and devices probably isn’t your best bet

unless yer just trollin, then knock yourself out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:rofl: Expect a report very soon from Hegel saying this. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

well, Hegel as a philosopher, was the leading German romanticist and idealist. I am sure that Hegel, as a company, have all the good intentions to be fully Roon ready by the time Roon is at version 4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why is that?
Did the RAAT protocol change with 1.8?
Please elaborate on this one instead of just trolling.

Of course RAAT didn’t change, otherwise all Roon ready devices would now be non functional

This was meant ironically, just shouting something with no roots in reality is not very constructive (understatement).
I am hoping Hegel is working hard on being a RAAT (Roon Ready) device and bashing them will not help.

1 Like

For those of you complaining about Hegel’s inability to deliver on the Roon implementation in a timely manner I have one question for you, “Did you buy a Hegel amplifier for the promise of Roon or because they are exceptional amplifiers?” Ander’s said, " the delays aren’t exactly out of our control."
To me this implies a complexity of issues that go beyond mere design and implementation. Wait for or move on its that simple. FYI, Hegel dacs are very good, especially the dac in the 390.

1 Like

Both, as it happens (why do choices have to be reduced to simple binaries?) I therefore reserve the right to complain about the former if I wish although, accepting the uselessness of that, I’m happy to maintain a quiet sense of disenchantment. I don’t really need lectures from anyone about what to think of Hegel’s overreach and its consequences.

4 Likes