Neil Young Before and after

Today Neil Young’s latest album is available in Qobuz app but not in Roon. It is visible but ”unavailble” will that change any time soon?

As the Help article on Qobuz states:

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

?

Go into settings:services: Qobuz.
Hit sync now.
Usually helps
No guarantees though :wink:

1 Like

A quick review of the community will answer your query, apart from a blip this week, albums take a day or so to show as Roon syncs with Qobuz & Tidal

1 Like

And when I loaded “Before and After” in qobuz, it shows up as “Pt. 2” in Roon with only one track.

1 Like

Its definitely identified, which make it (probably) the fastest “recognised” release I’ve seen…

1 Like

You hit one of the two special pre-release teasers. The full album has 13 tracks. This has burnt me before, be careful when purchasing!

Thank you, I admit to being lazy and not searching what has been said about this by the community. I only got Roon this year after using Linn’s app in my hifi so I guess I am trying to understand the differences. I absolutely enjoy to read about the artists and so easily being able to jump between their works.
I tried syncing Neil Young but still there is only the pt. 1. Come to think of it I remember the same thing happened with Hackney Diamonds by the Rolling Stones.

Today I got Neil Young. It took three days from when it was available at Qobuz.

Before

After

:face_with_peeking_eye::wink:

1 Like

What’s wrong with that?

There are a lot of things I don’t understand, but the need for immediate gratification of new music is one of them. When a new album is released, we’ve been without it our entire lives (76 years in my case). So, why does it matter if I have to wait three more days?

I guess some people feel like it’s not being allowed to open your Christmas (Hanukkah) presents until three days after Christmas (Hanukkah), IDK.

2 Likes

You’re right of course.

2 Likes

lol… hear about it somehow, dream about it for a week or so, perhaps catch a track on the radio. Save up for a bus ride to the local record shop, have a listen. Decide you like/want it. Save up again. 3 weeks later, go back and buy the album. Kids today = instead gratification, lol…

2 Likes

I doubt anyone who needs to save up for a bus ride is using Roon. I hope not.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s talking about the old days when we were kids. :wink:

2 Likes