Netgear Orbi Wifi6 AX6000 or Asus Zenwifi AX XT8

Are there forum users having experience (good or bad) with either of these 2 wifi mesh systemd
Netgear Wifi6 AX6000 &
Asus Zenwifi AX XT8

Dirk

Dirk I have an original Orbi Wifi 5 system and I can thoroughly recommend it (over 3 years old and absolutely rock solid and still getting updates).
I have some friends with the new WiFi 6 version and they equally rave about them.

The dedicated back-haul performance is great and we have three zones where we have switches and it is pretty much indistinguishable from Ethernet in normal use. I made one change to make it work well with Roon (so long ago I cannot remember)
We get a consistent 700Mb real world data between zones and it is good enough that I moved my Roon Rock and Synology back to a Orbi wireless zone over Christmas with no degradation of service and including Plex and whole house audio.

I am sure the Asus is good as well, but very happy to recommend the Orbi solution

Regards

Mike

1 Like

Yesterday, I have ordered 3 Asus Zenwifi AX XT8 routers for a nice (!?) price of 222,-€ per station (about 20% discount)
At least I should be future proof with these routers.
Let’s hope they are worth the money. Feedback will be provided after installation and at least 1 month user experience.

Dirk