Roon Core: innuos Zen Mk3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telekom Speedport Router via Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

USB Connect to Mcitnosh AMP

Number of Tracks in Library

Abbout 40.000 Tracks

Description of Issue

One of our customers has the problem that during a command of his window chalosie of the company “Warema” every time the Roon playback is set to pause or stop.

The command is sent over the network via W-LAN to the Warma devices. Whether timed or manual.
Each time Roon sets itself to STOP.

Roon can also continue to play without any problems with a command to Play.
But is set on repeated operation of the chalosie each time again on Stop.

How could I possibly solve the problem ?

Possibly related to home automation commands? → #professional-home-automation ?

from what I see from the innuos and Warema pages, apparently some Warema commands overlap with innuos control commands (Innuos Sense App). I would suggest contacting Innuos and/or Warema for that issue

3 Likes

Innuos has written to me that there are no such commands. At the moment when the Innuos is operated as Roon Core. It seems that Warema system gives some commands. Is it possible for Roon to ignore such commands ?

In order for the Innuos Sense App to be able to control the start/stop of the playback remotely from a phone, the ‘server’ must be accepting some control commands via IP.
Same goes for the Warema system (since as you said it works via wlan), in order to communicate with the Warema controller.
So there is a WLAN (or router) issue here, and the easiest way I see is to separate the 2 systems with a vlan (different wifi ssids in other words, for each system).
If anyone has any better suggestions, chime in.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.