Network Error on Vodafone THG3000 Wi-Fi Hub - IPv4 Connectivity Error (ref#YLHOI9)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· “natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

· I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

· Something else

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"62.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"62.aaa.bbb.ccc"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true}
}

Hello, I am using a Vodafone THG3000 Wi-Fi Hub without any other routers connected so should not require bridge mode. UPNP seems to config but I am not sure what the ipv4 network error is. Other devices outside of roon are connected OK.

Describe your network setup

Using Roon on Windows OS on NUC

Hi @rusho,

Vodafone commonly implements carrier-grade network address translation on their residential tier accounts. I’m assuming your ISP in this case is Vodafone as well? If so, request if a dedicated external IP address is available.

In the meantime, try entering the web administration page and creating a manual TCP port forwarding rule using the IP address and port in Roon Settings.

1 Like

Yes, the ISP is Vodafone as well. I assume that I have carrier grade NAT though I can access a NAT mapping table that shows 59 connections on the Roon Server IP address. Not sure if that is helpful or not.

I have gone on to disable UPnP and create a manual TCP connection and this is the error I am getting -

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“62.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

I have connected with the Voda community to see if 1/ they use carrier grade NAT and then 2/ if a dedicated external IP address is available and will come back with additional info. Thanks

I have checked on the Vodafone forum and they only use carrier grade NAT on their mobile network though I am not sure how to verify this.I have also got a public IP WAN address. On my router there are IPv6 settings though this is not yet fully rolled out and doesn’t seem to lead anywhere.

what are my suggested next steps here please?

Full form submission

Network Setup

· My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· “natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

· I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

· Something else

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

Hello, I need help with setting up port forwarding on my router. I am using my ISP router only which is provided by Vodafone.

I have tried to connect using UPNP however this does not work. My error message is below where UPNP is found however NATPNP is not.

I have asked the Vodafone community if they think I am using CGNAT and I am told no, though this has not been confirmed with Vodafone. I am able to find my public IP address on the router though not sure if this confirms anything or not.

I moved on to manual port forwarding and set this up at port 55000 on both the local and public port (is that correct to use the same value on both?) and this has no effect and ARC still says not ready.

I have a menu for IPv6 settings though I can't make any device selection and think that Vodafone are only just starting to roll this out.

Is it multiple NAT layers that are causing this with CGNAT? I hope to be able to speak to the correct technical team at Voda tomorrow so if I need to be asking anything specific then it would be good to have everything ready in advance. Thanks

Describe your network setup

Vodafone
Vox3.0v
Wi-Fi no other routers
Windows / INtel NUC12WSH

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“62.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“62.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi @rusho,

I’ve moved your new support topic into this existing one to keep all the history together.

Hello, I have managed to add a static IP to my service from Voda. Is there a guide on here as to what I do with this or should I just re-run the setup and see what happens when using UPnP?

Replying to keep the topic open, as the issue is yet to be solved.

After checking out the relevant guidance and support and working through it seems to be a multiple NAT issue so I thought I would update with everything I know so far.

I have a Vodafone business account so hopefully can resolve the issue without having to find a new provider and I was able to find an option to enable a static IP in my billing and account management portal (see attached pics).

Since doing this I have tried multiple ways of connecting to Arc including.

Setting up Static DHCPv4 - Local Network on the router settings (see attached pic)
Using UPnP and/or manual port forwarding
Using Static NAT/DMZ/Exposed Host

None of this works, still NAT issue. Looking at historic forum stuff it may still be to do with my ‘static IP’ from Voda. Unless anyone has anything to input with what I have tried thus far? Running out of options I think.

Add images