Network Issue with IPv6 Connectivity on RoonOS and Qnap Server (ref#UPSL45)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· The ARC settings page says "Not Ready," but I can still connect to ARC via cellular data. I'm having another problem.

Describe the issue

My network is IPV6 10 G, I turned off the firewall and security although the IP on roonOS and My Qnap server is the same IPV6.. I do not understand why it does not work: but here is the diagnostic: {
"ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"126.ggg.hhh.iii","actual_external_ipv6":"2400:aaa:bbb:ccc:aaa:ddd:eee:fff","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network"}
}

Describe your network setup

ISP is softbank hikari in Japan with NTT routermodem XG100NE. Roon OS 2.0 build 1407 ona QNAP TVS-h874X running QuTS hero h5.1.6.2734, Arc on my iphone 15 pro max is 1.0.5.2 they are linked through the wifi of the home router modem via wifi6

Hi @laurent_momy,

Thank you for your post. This error snippet indicates that both IPv4 and IPv6 are available on this network, but neither can be configured automatically for access. UPnP, the service that automatically creates an IPv4 port forwarding rule, is not active in the router. There might additionally be a blockage with the QFirewall.

I’d first activate the UPnP service in your router settings and then restart RoonServer. If you still see a “not ready” message in Roon → Settings → ARC, then next try to add RoonServer as an exception in QFirewall. If that doesn’t help, please post the most recent diagnostic in Roon Settings that you see.

thank you My internet operator NTT recommended I disable thrir routermodem firewall, which I did . and now roon arc works, thank you very muvh indeed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @laurent_momy,

Be careful exposing the network by fully disabling a firewall - it’s best to punch a hole in it via IPv6 pinholing instead.