New albums missing on Roon's TIDAL

21 days later, it’s still not available through Roon. I can stream directly through Tidal’s site in a browser, but nothing from Roon. What’s the deal?

Hi Tyler,

Try favouriting the album in the Tidal app. It should show up in Roon (after the next sync). You can speed it up by initiating a sync in Settings > Services > Edit > Sync.

See if that works.

Cheers, Greg

I’m waiting for the Kendrick Lamar EP, Untitled Unmastered to show up. It was released Thursday on Tidal, and I still can not see it in the Roon app. I understand there is a delay in these updates, but I thought it was reduced to around 1-2 days.

Hey @Liam_Shanny – new releases went live yesterday. It should be there now.

Hey @Tyler_Beebout – can you give me a few more details about what you mean by “not available”?

Are you not seeing it in Roon’s TIDAL section or search results at all? Is it not be being synced to your library? Or are you getting an error message?

If it’s the latter, can you let me know where you’re located?

kendrick Lamar’s new album is not available in roon but on tidal. how does it work?

Hi @Leandro_Fina – you can see my post above. There’s a delay as new albums are processed and added to Roon’s database.

We’re working on some server-side changes for later this year aimed at reducing this lag, but I’ll take a look and see if I can confirm this album is in the pipeline. Surprise releases tend to exacerbate this problem, unfortunately :frowning:

We’re working on it. Thanks in advance for your patience.

ok no probl. thx for the fast reply

My pleasure. I’m waiting too… :expressionless:

1 Like

The metadata on this album is still the same for me - very lacking.

OK, “Re-identify Album” brought AMG data.
The weird thing is “Identify Album” and choosing the same version did not make any change. Should there be a difference between the two?

It’s been several days since Beyonce’s “Lemonade” has been out on Tidal and it’s still not showing up in my Roon library. The delay until new Tidal releases show up in Roon is easily my biggest gripe with Roon at the moment. I hope you guys find a permanent solution for this soon.

1 Like

FYI There is a ‘weakest thing about Roon’ topic currently open for a short time.

My two cents: This has been steadily improving for me since starting with Roon eleven months ago and with Tidal over a year ago.

While the Roon album review info may not be available on the day of release, if I can find the album on Tidal and “Favorite” it, it appears in Roon (sometimes I must force a rescan) and can be played.

This means my Friday mornings are terrific as I scan the new releases and play them via Tidal in Roon.

It’s getting better for this user.

1 Like

now i have the same problem with the new drake album. any news about this problem?

If you’re talking about Views, use the Tidal app to “Favorite” it.

Go to Roon’s Settings / Services / Tidal “Edit” Sync Library Now

It came right up for me here in USA.

Tom

I don’t even have to search for the new Drake album, it shows in Tidal new albums in Roon. Problem is that all tracks show as unavailable (not really interested, so am not going to jump through hoops to try to get it into my library).

Unavailability is controlled by the record company. Some tracks have different owners/rights in different geographical locations or for different purposes (streaming v CD etc.) If Tidal doesn’t have a streaming agreement in place for those tracks/albums, then they will be unavailable. Sometimes record companies have deliberately limited the tracks available for streaming in order to encourage purchase, but this seems to be more with classical than other recordings and is hopefully becoming less prevalent.

@andybob The problem is that tracks are available in the TIDAL app, but not in Roon, even when the album is available in both, see the new Eric Clapton.

Unfortunately, no. The album can be seen , but among the tracks is " not available "

1 Like