New albums missing on Roon's TIDAL

Re: Drake’s new album, Views.

I’m able to play it in the Tidal app and I’m able to add it to Roon. However, in Roon, all tracks show as Unavailable and it’s been that way for a couple of weeks.

Maybe @mike could have someone look into this album for us.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

And the new Clapton, and the new Dylan. This is a new pattern that is discouraging. The album shows, but tracks are unavailable for extended periods. @mike

Well no new Dylan on Tidal here in Ireland so at least you seem to be a step closer!

SJB

Yeah, to make matters more interesting, I don’t see the new Dylan album on my Tidal app, only in Roon, but with tracks unavailable. Very odd.

That might explain the unavailable, as now that I’ve checked I have the exact same situation as you, I presume somewhere in the world it’s available through a Tidal and also through Roon.

Maybe we’re the victims of Roon upping their game with Tidal new releases.

SJB.

Hey guys – we’re looking into this.

We’re making some server-side changes right now to minimize lag on TIDAL content and new releases, so this is likely a temporary bug.

1 Like

I don’t see the Dylan album on the Tidal app. (UK)

@mike Thanks. Please keep us posted.

Drake’s album View is now able to play in Roon. Thanks @mike.

Eric Clapton’s album I Still Do plays, except for song #3, but I suspect it’s some sort of licensing issue. It’s not available through Tidal either.

I’m in Canada.

Cheers, Greg

@Greg @mike Clapton’s I Still Do still has the tracks listed as unavailable in the USA.

Hey @fritzg,

Are you able to play all the Clapton tracks in the Tidal app?

I don’t see the Dylan album in Tidal. Maybe he doesn’t want it streamed yet or gave an exclusive to another streaming company.

Cheers, Greg

@greg @mike Yes, I can play tracks from I Still Do in the Tidal app, even song #3. That is why I started the thread about this issue re this album. It is not the same problem, but a new one, that is a bit more troubling than a mere delay with Roon and Tidal syncing.

Ok, well it was released 4 days ago. So, unless @mike has another suggestion, maybe wait a few more days.

I found the Drake album was unavailable and it eventually showed up. Maybe try and re-identify it periodically.

Cheers, Greg

@greg I don’t think you understand. The album appears in Roon, but the tracks are unavailable. This is a new and different problem than the album just not appearing in Roon at all. Something new is wrong with the Roon-Tidal integration.

Hey fritzg,

No, I understand. This was exactly the same issue I had with Drake. It was in Roon and showed as Unavailable, but I could play it in Tidal. I waited and it just became available for me.

As Mike mentioned in his post above, apparently they are making some server side changes and it should resolve itself.

If you don’t see it soon, maybe Mike can look into this album for you.

Cheers, Greg