New Allo USBridge SIG - is it Roon Ready?

David there was a problem with 8GB Pi’s, but it was fixed with an update in December last year from memory.
You only need a 2GB Pi to run VitOs as anything else is overkill unless that is all you have around.

Plug a HDMI connector and have a look to make sure it has got an IP address and is running fine.

Edit: I didn’t see your follow up message, so ignore the advice

I noticed really nice-softer audio improvements, especially at the “high Hz” audio ranges" these passages are really smooth. Using Schiit Multibit USB dac endpoint via (RPI-4 2gig with Vit-oS / powered by Anker 1000mah battery)

Bingo…Hit the nail on the head all set.

Everyone : Thanks

3 Likes

Please help me :hugs:
I have an active 3-way system, with filters made in Audiolense and convolver in Roon. The 8-channel DAC8PRO DAC is connected to a PC on which Roon is installed. Everything works perfectly.

Now I wanted to use an Allo USBridge DietPi with Roon Bridge on it , and Roon Coore on the PC. But at this moment I have a signal only in the loudspeakers on the right. Do you have any idea why? Is there a problem with AlloUSBridge?
Thank you !

Hello :slight_smile:

Currently Usbridge is out of stock but I’m not sure if I really need it…
I have mac mini (i7 16GB) with optical output to Musical Fidelity v90 which sounds OK for me. No electric connections is sth I wanted instead of usb cable - which input is also available in my dac.
Do I really need such improvements (usbridge) listening to cd quality and using tube headphone amplifier?
Maybe it’s better to buy Roon lifetime licence? :slight_smile:
(and my ears are not as good - i can not hear spotify-tidal SQ diff)

I’d give the iFi ZEN Stream a try. I’ve found that it works very well with Roon. Some limitations, like PCM limited to 384 kHz, but great sound.

Second this. I’ve got both the ZenStream and USBridge Signature (Ropieee). As Roon Endpoints can’t fault either. The one and only niggle I have about the ZenStream is that the case runs much hotter than the Allo box — but probably that’s just because no air vents and smaller surface area.

Don’t worry about your ears. They’re just fine!

Having a Roon endpoint is more than just having better sound, but I am sure you already know that. Another option to consider is the Pi2AES hat, which a lot of people (including me) find excellent. It’s almost never “in stock” but ships within a couple of weeks or so. I noticed that Raspberry PI boards are becoming scarce, so that’s something to take into account.

1 Like

Agreed.