New DeBussy DAC

Hi,
Just traded my Ayre preamp and QB 9 DSD DAC for a demo DeBussy.
Just plugged everything in, started up HQ and Roon and it wasn’t as good; closed HQ, played thru Roon and it was fantastic.
Started up Amara 4, Auudorvana… same: too much treble, highs were off; ran Tidal with no other software and WHAM… gorgeous.
So, do I need all of these filters, or should I let the DeBussy just sing?

Also, unable to play DSD’s; any tips?
thanks
Bernard

First off make sure that you have the DSD Playback Strategy in Roon’s device setup set to “DSD over PCM v1.0 (DOP)”. The “Initial dCS Method” only applies to some of our classic products before the official DoP standard existed.

Second you should try resetting the USB interface on the Debussy:

• Power off the unit by holding down the front panel power button (all LEDs should go out)
  • Hold down the Input and Vol- buttons, then press the power button.
  • Continue holding Input and Vol- until all of the front panel LEDs start to flash (about 15 seconds)
  • When the LEDs stop flashing the device is now in USB class 1 mode.

Repeat the above steps, but hold down Input and Vol+ instead. This will switch it back to class 2 operation and force a reload of the USB firmware.

1 Like

Thank you…
Did all of that but no sound.

Anything else I can try?
Thx

Hola amigo. Yo tenía el mismo problema y lo solucioné parcialmente con la solución que indican arriba.
Para completar el procedimiento ya sea que lo dejes en el modo USB 1 o USB 2, tienes que subir el volumen del Debussy al maximo, allí deberías comenzar a escuchar sonido.
Éxitos y saludos
Alejandro

Hi, friend. I had the same problem and I partially solved it with the solution indicated above.
To complete the procedure whether you leave it in USB 1 or USB 2 mode, you have to turn the Debussy volume all the way up, there you should start hearing sound.
Successes and regards
Alejandro

1 Like