New Intel NUC10i7FNHN (Q2, 2021)

Planing on moving from Windows Roon Server to Roon ROCK and found this new NUC10i7FNHN that was released just 3 days ago so my question is, how do I know if it has Legacy Boot? Would this be fully compatible with Roon ROCK?

I have it in my shopping cart ready to place the order.

After looking closely, looks like the same as the released back in 2019 but the new release has no HD Audio and no audio jack up front, which you don’t need when running Roon ROCK. I just placed my order and should get it by tomorrow. Also ordered 16GB RAM and I already have a 256GB M.2 SSD.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a NUC10i7, this one is available at NewEgg for $599 and also the NUC10i3 for $339, both in stock.

2 Likes

Took me 30 mins to setup my new Rock NUC10i7FNHN. The only confusing part was the BIOS setup which I think instructions need to be updated in the installation guide. Other than that, everything went smooth and my new ROCK is up and running without any issues. I feel it’s just a bit faster than my Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n Windows Roon Server, though. Of course, no more Windows updates and I can use the M90n for other tasks.

2 Likes

Note that the 970 Evo plus is hot…

I already know but for just running Roon OS should be totally fine. I haven’t hear the NUC fan kicking in yet and it’s cool to the touch. It’s placed in a very ventilated place so heat is not even a concern.

1 Like