New Liberty DAC in the house!

Thanks @Dick_Vliek. I was on their website earlier today when I was checking I had the latest firmware on the DAC but thanks for pointing it out. I have enjoyed some limited listening and looking forward to getting a bit more involved with it!

1 Like

The manual fails to mention a few things, as expected since it was published a while ago and there has been new firmware since.

Ordered mine 2 days ago together with SoTM sms-200 and Intel NUC for Roon Rockā€¦ excited :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should be excited. This is the best dac I have owned or heard. I have about 1000 hours on it and have no complaints. Outstanding dac for the money

2 Likes

It is a phenomenal bargain. Iā€™ve compared to my Brooklyn and OPPO 205. They are all ESS based.

I am still running in, probably less than 100 hours and I am enjoying it. I have an Sbooster on order, and I am excited to hear if it makes any difference.

1 Like

I was about to play around with the DSP settings in Roon and I noticed the max sampling is 96khz (it should be 384). I am not sure why. I have restarted my USbridge, the dac and the core but still reading the same. I have tried putting the device back to default. It will not play dsd either. Somethings not right.

Anyone any ideas?

What happens when you ā€œLoad Defaults?ā€

You should be able to override the settings. You will not be able to do ā€œNative DSDā€ if you are connected via USB on either OS X or Windows without an ASIO driver. You should use ā€œDSD over PCM (DoP).ā€

Have you updated the Liberty to the latest firmware? Try resetting to defaults in the Mytek Control Panel as well.

Hi @Chris_Kimmelshue,

The DAC is generally not connected to a windows pc, except for firmware upgrades etc. I will check I have the latest in a bit and report back. It is generally used connected to an ALLO USbridge via usb.

When I hit ā€˜load defaultsā€™ it does not seem to change much, the only thing I have to set are ā€˜fixed volumeā€™ and the MQA settings.

So my Liberty DAC arrived yesterday together with SoTM SMS-200 Neo. Wow, I can finally stop buying vinyl and CDs. Now relistening to all my music collection and buying more hi-res music. What a joy!

If you are using DietPi, can you ensure your sampling rate and depth are set to match the Liberty? Also, you can use Native DSD with your bridge.

Hi @Chris_Kimmelshue. I updated the Allo USBridge today as there was a update available. Whatever it did, I seem to be able to set the DSP settings upto 384khz now, which is an improvement. I also set the Liberty to 'DSD over PCM (DoP)". I can play DSD now, but only up to 128. There is also no ā€˜nativeā€™ DSD setting in the Device Setup, DSD Playback strategy. I assume this maybe a limitation of not using the DAC with windows or OS X although I am not sure on this point.

That is great news.

Iā€™m reading that your Allo bridge is capable of native DSD. There may be a setting to tweak.

Famous last words!! I just tried a different soundcard output on the USBridge as was suggested over on the USBridge thread. It didnā€™t change much so I switched back and I am back where I started unfortunately e.g. not being able to upsample past 96khz. I have tried turned off the Core, DAC and USBridge and then back on in the reverse order but that doesnā€™t solve it. I will have another play nowā€¦

Humor me and connect directly to a computer to rule out issues with the Allo.

I will, but probably tomorrow now. Itā€™s working again and I am 99% sure itā€™s the USBridge.

Anyway, what originally started me off: does anyone use the DSP capability in Roon with their liberty? I have been having a little play, although I think I am coming down on the side of leaving things alone, justā€¦what do others think?

Anyone with Mytek Liberty and SBooster LPS tried 13.2V setting? is it safe?

Hey, for you folks using the Liberty DAC as a preamp, how do you handle power switching without a remote? Leave it on all the time? Does it have a stand-by mode that switches it off when nothing is coming in?

I leave mine on 24/7 with no ill effect. It does not have a passive stand-by mode that I am aware of.

1 Like

I never turn anything off in my audio setup

1 Like