New Marantz M1 is a winner

Just got a new Marantz M1. Connection was a breeze and Roon immediately picked it up as an Airplay device. So far playback has been amazing. Not a hiccup. Sounds amazing, and fits right in with our other Roon-y zones!

-Brian

3 Likes

Not Roon tested or Roon Ready I believe?

Looks really very good. Any new features over the older HEOS Amp?

I expect this will work nicely with RHEOS and allow pairing with other HEOS devices if youā€™re interested in testing the extension and exploring playing at higher resolutions than offered by Airplay and taking advantage of the Marantz DAC.

1 Like

I have one other Denon receiver and have played with HEOS a little bit. I have to admit that once I started with Roon I havenā€™t even opened HEOS except to install the new M1.

I guess Iā€™ll have to study up on RHEOS and extensions.

Always something to learn!

-Brian

2 Likes

Rheos allows to stream to Heos enabled devices with Roon and not be limited by Airplay so you get full resolution playback up to 192/24. I use it with my Model 40n all the time. Works great.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a go. Thank you!

1 Like

Same here. Cheers!

2 Likes

The news stories on this one suggest Roon Ready is on the way / in development.

1 Like

Has been for Denon/Maranatz heos products since December last year. Only time will tell when or if it finally arrives. Given Roons big backlog of devices I wonā€™t hold my breath.

2 Likes

So took the plunge and just installed in the system my wife uses daily - mainly airplay but as expected RHEOS discovered and adopted - now 16 zones!

2 Likes

When I Connect M1 with AirPlay from Roon its full 100 volyme

It works good with HEOS and TIDAL AirPlay

What am I doning wrong ?

I set safe and comfort limits.

This thread might be of interest if your issue persists. Max volume at start - can't control volume from software [Ticket In] - #61 by Ulf_Silbersky

The M1 is now ROON ready.

Really very nicely done integration - sounds great.

2 Likes

Sure you donā€™t want a Model 10 looks to be a real beast of an amp with SACD10 and LINK10n as
a separate streamer in the same range.

2 Likes

Overkill for my wifeā€™s office - where the M1 is a big hit. Beautiful amp though.

This may be even be a target for my listening room where the Devialet Experts are anchoring at present. However I think the next splurge will be on M4s to bring the whole house system into the ROON Ready world without the need for RHEOS (though I think 'Ill be producing some new code for legacy systems that need to work with Roon ready players - a couple of issues Iā€™m seeing with identifying when switched to ROON vs other inputs for the HEOS players).

Iā€™m a sucker for the ā€œMarantz Soundā€ - nostalgia as my first real HiFi rig was centered around a Superscope by Marantz Receiver ā€¦ (So you can :wink:work out my age )

2 Likes

Unless you have Devialet SAM enabled speakers a move to Marantz should be good.

I do have SAM enabled - so sounds pretty good to me!

Always tempting though ā€¦