New Taylor Swift and Pearl Jam not showing up in Qobuz

A similar problem exists for Tidal users as well. While I can see the new Pearl Jam, I can’t see the new Taylor Swift Anthology edition.

Right. Sorry, this is a bit over the top - people not posing a question about an artist new release, but demanding why a new release isn’t available to “ME”…iIMMEDIATLY…even better… prob for free.

Yes that $12/month (free) “crazy” price for a gazillion albums is absolutely ridiculous :roll_eyes:

I may be oversimplifying things a bit, but FFS.

7 Likes

I apologize for wanting the service I do pay for to work correctly.

2 Likes

As of this morning here in Germany via Qobuz, Pearl Jam‘s new release can be listened to through Roon.

rant
It may be advisable for the impatient audiophiles to take a deep breath and keep their blood pressures under control to enable them to enjoy more new releases in the end, unless it’s because they want to savour that last new tune while about to receive their deathbed blessings …
rant

5 Likes

Around 10 years ago, I worked for a music streaming service. There were routinely big release events that we paid special attention to. I remember for example when the Beatles catalogue became available, I was at the office till midnight, baby sitting batch jobs ingesting the metadata so the albums would be there the minute the embargo lifted. These are things you do when you care about your users.

1 Like

Since when is Pearl Jam a big release event

Album added to Qobuz favourites (via Qobuz app, as I always do) still not showing in Roon after more than 24 hours :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It may be a problem with this particular album, see:

yup, looks it is :no_mouth:

thanks Geoff

is the thread talking only about Pearl Jam or are there other artists mentioned there?

PJ and the 20th album by Swift. I can’t see how these are comparable to the Beatles joining streaming, and if these really are the threshold for big release events, then there are major releases all the time, and whenever you run the database import occasionally an album will be a minute too late.

It does work correctly, just not in the way that you want it to.

It may be frustrating, but at least you can listen on native Qobuz app, or any direct pass through 3rd party software.

Do I have to remind everyone of the forum rules? Please keep things civil, or don’t post. Thank you.

1 Like

Incidently, I remember some years ago, TIDAL provided Roon with metadata ahead of the release date so it would be available upon release. I’ve not seen this for a long time.

If this isn’t done, Roon has to wait until the streaming service provides updated metadata. If the release is a Friday, it can delay matters.

However, if I mark the album favourite in the Qobuz app, and then resync in Roon, the album appears immediately (as is the case with Pearl Jam today.)

FWIW, the faving in Qobuz had been tried and it failed yesterday. There is a prevailing assumption here that the offline import from Qobuz → Roon is the only possible way to implement the integration. Roon can have an online fallback integration for new content to make new releases available as they come (initially showing with minimal metadata), and get a corpus update when the automated crons run eventually. We did this for lots of features in the service I worked for to precisely mitigate problems like this. And yes, Taylor Swift’s album release is always a major event. She is bigger than several whole genres combined, you like it or not.

1 Like

As people are getting aggravated here AND it is now a non issue I am closing this thread as it is solved.

7 Likes