New Taylor Swift and Pearl Jam not showing up in Qobuz

Hi, the new Pearl Jam and Taylor Swift are showing up int the standalone Qobuz app but not inside Roon, what could be the problem?

1 Like

@Joel_Rohan, welcome to the Community. Sometimes it can take a day or more for new releases’ infomatiion to be transferred between Qobuz to Roon before it Roon can take advantage of them.

OK, thanks. Very frustrating

3 Likes

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

1 Like

For fun I wanted to try this out. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work as advertised.

1. Go to https://play.qobuz.com
  2. Look up the new Dark Matter album by Pearl Jam
  3. Favourite the album
  4. Switch to Roon
  5. Force sync the library with Qobuz
    => The album is nowhere to be found in Roon
2 Likes

:man_shrugging: It should work normally because being a Qobuz favorite is equivalent to being in the Roon library. It certainly worked on the past few occasions I tried it.

But maybe it doesn’t always, IDK.

Maybe check the My Qobuz tab in Roon.

I have. Either way, for me it’s not a big deal and I don’t want to distract from the OP.

I just tried it with this album, but using the Qobuz app on the phone, not the web player. A few minutes later (simply relying on the automatic sync because I’m not home) I found the album in ARC. Though I’m not entirely sure if it hasn’t been listed in ARC all along.

Edit: Ah, that was the Tidal. I always forget I have Tidal too

I did the favorite and resynced Qobuz and still not there.

Apparently it’s available through Roon via Tidal but not Qobuz.
It will become available, this does happen at times unfortunately.

Back home, I can confirm that this time neither TayTay nor Pearl Jam gets synced into Roon by favoriting in the Qobuz app :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can confirm that only the standard release of The Tortured Poets Department shows up via Tidal in Roon. The anthology (double album) version doesn’t show up despite being favorited in the Tidal app

This is really frustrating…

Sometimes albums are available on my Linn Kazoo app but looking tonight neither albums are there yet.

After buying Pearl Jam this morning and listening to it I recommend you doing the same. It won’t break the bank if you’re a sublime member.

2 Likes

Guess I’m glad to see it’s not just me. I wonder why it’s a problem with Qobuz but not Tidal…

Just want to +1 this and voice my frustration that I have to deal with this every time a new album is released.

Roon users are music lovers, it should be self evident that we care about having music in the library as soon as it’s released.

Please fix, even if it’s hard.

4 Likes

Exactly. This should definitely be on high priority.

1 Like

I just can’t understand how a service with a hefty price tag such as Roon can struggle with such basic things.

4 Likes