New to Roon. In for life and I love it!

Hi All

Thought I’d post something as I’ve been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Lockdown and working from home have been a fantastic and expensive experience but my ears are grateful. I’ve been through a trial and error audio journey with some fairly nice sounding but flawed Ruark speakers and their dreadful UNDOK app, ebay’d my horrible Bose Companion 20’s to arrive at:

Lifetime subscription to Roon and a year’s Qobuz (didn’t get on with Tidal). The Roon core is running on my desktop PC feeding an iFi Zen DAC and some iLoud Micro Monitors. (I’m aware the signal path isn’t the most elegant but the sound is pretty incredible for the money and size of the units)

A Naim Mus-so 2 in the lounge and a Muso qb 2 in the kitchen.

I’m pretty happy with it all so far and my wife is also happy so life is great :slight_smile:

Jim

33 Likes

Give it a while Jim Bob. It’ll get worse with time.

[Humor]

2 Likes

Happy wife, happy life! Nice story. Even after the lifetime price increase, Roon is still a lot cheaper than some other hardware streaming options in the hifi rack, and is perhaps not as limiting.

2 Likes

Good to hear happy posts. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been through quite a few of the grumble threads :grimacing: In a short time I’ve worked out that a) some people love a moan about the UI. Sure it’s quirky but I find it’s great once you learn it’s ways, and b) It’s probably your network causing playback issues.

5 Likes

Like @John_V says, give it a while… give it a while :wink:

1 Like

I feel the same, at the end of a hectic day to sit in my listening room with Roon, instant start up, reading about music as I listen, taking wild paths through the suggested music, sometimes selecting a dsp preset for a piece of music, seeing connections between one piece and another, it’s pretty good. It’s by far the cheapest component in my system ( I dare not tell my wife what the cables cost!). Happy Roon!

7 Likes

Sounds good to me. You can’t beat Muso’s for other rooms. I just love Naim😁

2 Likes

I’ve also taken a fun, expensive, but happy journey during lockdown leading to Roon, Qobuz and a rediscovery of my CD collection which had been gathering dust for many years. Although my library is small, and my hardware is simple, I’m in heaven! I especially enjoyed the part where I got to put together not one but two computers (a Rpi with Ropieee and a NUC/ROCK core) which was honestly lost of fun.

8 Likes

Yes me too, I’m sure I’m missing a Uniti Atom… :joy:

I have a Raspberry Pi, will have to have a play with Ropieee

Welcome, enjoy. As an early adopter and Lifetime Sub it’s among the best value for $$ I’ve ever spent.

3 Likes

Welcome to the best music discovery SW.

I love since years and very happy about the supportive Roon team an d community

Have fun

2 Likes

Going on 2 months. After 1 week trial went all in for life. Enjoying my kef wireless both the ls50w and lsx got both from crutchfield scratch and dent for 2500 and couldn’t be happier. Just bought a recliner today for the ls50w listening area. Ready for a Roon filled weekend. Cheers to all…

4 Likes

one BIG concern regarding Roon.
It’s local. If your are leaving your home (Roon Server) your are lost.

All playlist created in Roon are useless since they don’t sync with Qubuz, which is a pain .

:smile: Just wait till the UI is changed!

3 Likes

Lock down , it’s cost my wallet too :grimacing: , the audio bug has got me​:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yes, I was aware of that limitation but I’m happy just using a streaming service whilst out and about. :slight_smile:[quote=“KnudK, post:15, topic:113728, full:true”]
one BIG concern regarding Roon.
It’s local. If your are leaving your home (Roon Server) your are lost.

All playlist created in Roon are useless since they don’t sync with Qubuz, which is a pain .
[/quote]

Welcome aboard! I signed up for a lifetime subscription early on. I only played with Roon a couple of days before I knew this is what I have been looking for. Very pleased so far.

1 Like