New user tutorial for old users

Are you sure? I haven’t filled out my profile 390 times, for example…

There are two badges screens:

User Icon -> User -> Summary -> Badges
For user stats (how many times a given badge has been awarded to a given user).

Burger Menu -> Badges
For forum stats (how many users have been awarded this badge).

1 Like

Not sure I’m certified, but I’m definitely certifiable.

2 Likes

No comment!

But welcome to the club…

Hi,

I can’t start the tutorial and the advanced tutorial in the chat with Discobot.

Are they turned off right now?

I’ve just tried and it’s working.
Any luck now?

Start a new message to discobot. Any subject line. For the message type
@discobot display help

This is strange. It’s not working for me. Tried Firefox on Windows and Firefox and Chrome on Android.

Discobot never “answers”. I tried several weeks ago and every now and then since then. What am I doing wrong?

I don’t know. Do you start with something like this

When it wants a username type @discobot and wait for the software to recognise the name (which should happen wherever you type a name beginning with a @)

Yes, doesn’t happen. I tried now with Chrome on Windows and turned off all extensions. Still not happening:

After some searching, it seems this problem occurs for people who skip the new user tutorial when first offered it.
In your profile > preferences > interface untick the “skip new user…” box

3 Likes

Yes, it works now. Many thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, we could certainly use a tutorial for “old” users. Sign me up!

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much. — Blaise Pascal

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

I am trying to finish the advanced tutorial to earn the badge advanced with discobot.

Bot: It asked me to edit my post, then delete, then undelete, I have tried for three days now with the same result.

Me: Edit my post and wait one minute, delete the post and wait one minute and on the last step undo delete and I get this response!

You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 23 hours before trying again.

Any ideas?

Sorry I can’t help, I managed to get the badge but it was a “Faff” trying to get through it.
Maybe the badge reflects the user’s ability to work through a short maze :wink:

It might be easier when completing the exercise on a different device.

Thank’s.

I am using Safari on a Mac, I will try a different device and browser and see if that works.

I have gotten that error when editing posts (not in the bot tutorial), it seems like a glitch as it “eventually” let me edit the post, it also alternated between the 23 hour wait time and a few minute wait time.

Thank’s.

For some reason it just would not complete on my Mac Laptop with Safari without errors!

Used the iPhone and boom worked.

Now Licenced (to much time on my hands) lol

1 Like

I got the same message…
It would be nice if there was such a tutorial for Roon itself.

1 Like

I got that message too, but after a few days discobot asked me to go to next step with the word “Überspringen” (board in german)

I did that and finished the tutorial

1 Like