Next track option for like and don't like

Guys

Obviously with Android Auto & Roon Arc you cannot physically like or not like a track when you are in Roon Radio playlists as it’s dangerous and we should be hands free.

So is it possible to get Roon Arc to to tag automatically a like or not like track when you hit the next track (say after 15 seconds).

So If I don’t like the sound a track I normally would skip to the next track on the car dashboard and this would represent a thumbs down for that song for my own preferences. Conversely if I let the track play fully then it’s a thumbs up for that track.

Would this make sense or work ? That way we are hands free driving and safe.

Adam

I think it’s silly you can’t like/unlike a track. Every other Android Auto music player has it.

You can, in the app, not on CarPlay.

Just because I skip a track, or play it completely, doesn’t mean I want it classified as a favourite. I don’t think this suggestion would work in practice.

The OP specifically mention Android Auto and ARC which provided context for my comment.

It was also said that “it’s dangerous and we should be hands free”, and I’d agree. I can’t say I’ve see such an option on the Qobuz and TIDAL apps.

I think it’s a good idea. Suggestions for a better way?

I can’t be expected to remember all the tracks I’ve played in the car and go back to them one by one and highlight if I like them or not like them.

Well, I don’t favourite many tracks in Roon: probably two or three at most in an album.

Moreover, when I’m using ARC with CarPlay, I’m concentrating on my driving whilst playing familiar music or a playlist. So, it’s pretty easy to review my play history later.

The last thing I want is Roon to automatically tag music simply because I played a track for an arbitrary amount of time. In other words, the favourite flag would soon become meaningless.

Likewise, skipping a track doesn’t mean I don’t like a track.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.