No Audio Devices Found on Nimitra Core

No Audio Devices found. Should show JPLAY AIRPLAY IPHONE and one or two other zones.

Worked fine last night.
Rebooted entire system and network devices
Run NAS and Tidal through Fidelizer Nimitra-S/Core server to Oppo Sonica DAC.
All connectioms fine.

Arris modem to Netgrear Nighthawk router to AQVOX SE network switch. All Ethernet connections are lit.

Can stream Tidal and NAS direct to DAC via SONICA DAC app through AUX IN but not USB which is Nimitra Core connection to DAC.

Also, Roon storage settinga are finding both my Nimitra and USB HDD storage so those settings and Ethernet and USB connectios are fine.

Thx
Daniel

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. I have a few questions to being troubleshooting:

• Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Page?
  • Have you performed any firmware upgrades recently for your Endpoints or Router?
  • Is the Nimitra connected via Ethernet or WiFi?
  • Do you have another USB cable that you can use for the Oppo DAC?
  • If you temporarily connect the Nimitra and Oppo directly to the Router instead of the Ethernet Switch, do they show up in Roon properly?

Please let me know your reply to the above questions and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks,
Noris

I don’t know if updates have been performed on the Nimitra. Fidelizer does that directly. I can check.
Nimitra is connected via Ethernet to Oppo for Roon.
Swapped USB cable - no change.
Also getting THERE WAS AN ISSUE LOADING YOUR DATABASE error message.
Bypassing network switch and connecting from router - no change.

Oppo Sonica DAC is connected via wifi.

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

Can I please ask you to manually send us your Roon logs from the Nimitra Core?

Also, I just want to confirm here, the Nimitrea Core is running a version of Windows and not Linux, and you have attached to it a keyboard, mouse & monitor?

Since you are seeing the “Issue Loading Your Database” message, can you confirm if the contents of your library loading as expected in Roon? Do you have regular backups made of your library?

Please let me know the above information when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris,
Yes, Nimitra is. Windows 10.
Nimitra is headless. No keyboard, mouse or monitor. I access from laptop, iPhone and iPad. Tech service via Team Viewer when necessary by Nimitra.
Regular backups are scheduled.

Here are 3 DBox links to logs. I think you want the RAATServer logs as the Nimitra is a RAAT server.

Let me know if you can’t access and I’ll email to you. I can also send you the email of the Nimitra mfgr if you want his input.
Thx,
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

Good news. Rebooted and all my zones are now recognized. No idea why? Maybe Fidelizer tech corrected some settings.

In any case I’m good to go. Thanks for you help!
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

I cannot open the Dropbox links that you have posted but no worries, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account. What this action will do is automatically upload logs from your Core to our servers for analysis.

I know you said that the zones are appearing correctly now after a restart, but I’d like QA to take a look at the diagnostics regardless because seeing the “Issue Loading Your Database” message may be a sign of other underlying issues at play here.

I can confirm that diagnostics from your machine have successfully reached our servers and I will be sure to let you know once QA has completed their report and has passed it over to me.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Thank you again for your patience while our technical team has been looking into this issue for you.

I spoke with our team today regarding their evaluation of the logs from your install. Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case they are seeing signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here but I just wanted to let you know what our findings are as to prevent future issues with your database and Roon setup. If you have any questions about rolling back to a previous backup just let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks. I will do that. Likely related to the issues below as well:

Related problem:

Roon is showing only 1700+ albums instead of 3000+ as it should.

Both my storage folders are recognized properly.

When I do a force rescan each folder scans the proper number of tracks but only imports a far lesser number. For some reason, the tracks are scanning but not being imported properly.

Strangely when I sort albums by date added I get my most recent and earliest albums. So the issue must be elsewhere in the database.

May be related to the following issue:

OVERVIEW and DISCOVER do not get beyond the moving Roon logo in the center of the screen. Looks like it is searching, but does not finish. Left it on overnight, so it’s not just a database reload issue.

Same issue in Tidal with WHAT’S NEW, TIDAL RISING and YOUR FAVORITES views. Searches but does not go to final screen.

When I use the OPPO Sonica DAC app for Tidal bypassing Roon I have access to all screens.

Thanks,

Daniel Gale

cantorgale@gmail.com

|||photo|65x40.1490585774||Cantor Daniel Gale
Midbar Kodesh Temple

702.454.4848 cantorgale@gmail.com
— —
— —
— —
www.midbarkodesh.org www.cantorgale.com
1940 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89012

Get your own email signature|

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:29 PM Noris <community@roonlabs.com> wrote:

\ 45x45 noris Roon Labs: Support
October 15

Hello @Daneil_Gale,

I cannot open the Dropbox links that you have posted but no worries, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account. What this action will do is automatically upload logs from your Core to our servers for analysis.

I know you said that the zones are appearing correctly now after a restart, but I’d like QA to take a look at the diagnostics regardless because seeing the “Issue Loading Your Database” message may be a sign of other underlying issues at play here.

I can confirm that diagnostics from your machine have successfully reached our servers and I will be sure to let you know once QA has completed their report and has passed it over to me.

Thanks,
Noris

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Noris -
Did a fresh install and restored recent database. Everything is back to normal. Thanks so much for your help.
Daniel Gale

PS - A minor thing. If you look at my user name Daneil_Gale you’ll notice I mis-spelled my name Daniel. How can I change that to a new user name, or should I just leave it?
Daniel (not Daneil :slight_smile:

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

I have gone ahead and changed your username for you so it should now reflect properly as Daniel_Gale :slightly_smiling_face:.

Unfortunately, I am still seeing signs of low level corruption after your most recent restore and as such, I would like to place Roon in a completely “fresh” state before proceeding here. Can I please ask you to use the following instructions to place Roon in a fresh state and potentially prevent any future errors?

• Uninstall Roon in the Nimitra from Window’s App & Features (possibly using Teamviewer if you don’t have keyboard + mouse for the server)

• Verify that the Roon Database Location folder has been removed or is empty and if you see a Roon folder in your %localappdata% directory, rename the Roon folder to Roon_old

This step should look like this:

• Install Roon for Windows again from our downloads page

• Login to your Roon account and restore from a backup from before October 14th

Apologies for the trouble here, I just want to make sure that the diagnostics from your machine come back ok and that unexpected behavior does not occur down the road. Please let me know if you are able to follow the above steps or if you need further clarification.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you for the follow up Noris.

Rather than try to make these changes myself, I will forward your directions to Keetakawee Punpeng, the Fidelizer Nimtra developer. He will make the changes with Team Viewer. His email is lucifiar@gmail.com. If he needs to be in touch with you, how can he email you?

I removed all files and folders from the Roon > Database folder as you requested. It is still in the Roon folder but is now empty. I moved the contents of the Database folder into a Roon Database OLD folder on my Thinkpad desktop in case we need those files.

There are also RoonServer and RAATServer folders. No need to do anything to these? They backed up to my Dropbox account along with the Roon folder. When everything is functioning as it should I will delete them as well.

I will forward this chain to Keetakawee and ask him to proceed per your instructions. He is located in Thailand so it may be a few hours before he gets to it.

Meanwhile, please forward your email to me so that Keetakawee can contact you if necessary.

Thanks again for your help and your very prompt replies.
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

If the Nimtra developer has any questions regarding re-installing Roon, the best way would be to contact us through this community site and I would kindly ask if he can post his questions in this thread or private message me directly. He has previously created an account with us and I have tagged him here (@Keetakawee_Punpeng/@WindowsX) regarding this issue.

In the screenshot I posted above, I have shown steps to rename the top folder (one above database) to Roon_old. Please do this instead of just renaming the database folder as this step will ensure that your Roon installation is completely fresh, re-download Roon and then perform the restore afterwards.

If you would like the Fidelizer developer to help you with these steps, then that’s perfectly ok as well, I just wanted to reiterate what needs to be done as to have the fresh installation up and running. After you have performed the steps, I can definitely take a look at the diagnostics once more and let you know if the database issues have been resolved.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi there. Last time Mr. Daniel Gale used older backup and got the same issue again. Now I’ve finished setting up his RoonServer again without using backups and initialize storage and audio now with Sonica DAC. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

It seems that you’re on your way with the help from Keetakawee Punpeng – I can confirm that the diagnostics from your machine have stabilized and I don’t see any other signs of database corruption after performing the full Roon reinstall.

If there’s anything else that doesn’t seem right, just let us know and we can take another look but I believe we’re good to go here after the reinstall. I have set a timer on this thread to auto-close in a week so if you run into anything else in the meantime just let me or Keetakawee know.

Thanks again for contacting support and I wish you a pleasant listening experience!

Thanks,
Noris

Great. Here are his emails to me regarding reinstall. I just rebooted the Nimitra and Sonica DAC and reinstalled Roon on my laptop. It is now “Waiting for Remote Core”. I assume this will take some time with a fresh installation? Also, here is a screenshot of the Roon folders.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Daniel

Keetakawee Punpeng
3:56 PM (38 minutes ago)

to me

Finished setting up Roon now. This time I use real network path instead of mapped network drive since Roon now supports it. Please don’t use previous backup and let it finish organizing database.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Keetakawee Punpeng
4:41 PM (13 minutes ago)

to me

Since Roon is reinstalled from scratch, you’ll need to disconnect and reconnect again to new RoonServer I setup. There’s nothing else you need to do except enjoying music. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Daniel Gale cantorgale@gmail.com
4:45 PM (9 minutes ago)

to Keetakawee

Do you mean reboot Nimitra? Do I need to delete and reinstall Roon on my laptop?

<<< NOTE: Noris: I did both – reboot Nimtra and Oppo DAC and Roon reinstall on my laptop from download site. Thanks again. Still hung up at the Waiting for Roon Core screen. Does it take a while? It’s been about 10 minutes from my reboot/reinstall. >>>

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

The “Waiting for Remote Core” screen you see may be due to the previous Roon installation. Since you have effectively created a new Roon Core ID with the re-installation of Roon, I would choose the option “Select Another Core” and link your Roon Remote to the new Core that pops up. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Thx. Looks like all my albums have been re-imported and things are back to normal.

1 Like