No good New music. Prove me wrong!

Nicolás Jaar
Cenizas

*The Chilean-American producer has been quite busy of late…(his 2nd LP of 2020)

In times like these, the world needs a Nicolas Jaar. His ability to morph sounds into something that is both calming and thought provoking is remarkable. It bridges esoteric melodies and experimental productions in a way that isn’t obnoxious or devoted to the chin-scratchers, but can be understood by most. Ryan Middleton (magnetic mag)

On ‘Cenizas’, the producer pulls from all sides of his portfolio to present an album that moves from near-ambient musings to free jazz experiments to drum-heavy pop compositions.

There’s something wonderfully mysterious about Nicolás Jaar. Even though he’s prolific, an artist in the truest sense of the word, the just-released Cenizas is only the third album he’s put out under his own name. Will Schube (billboard)

Cenizas

Personally, I think this album sounds great, albeit somewhat bleak, despite some ethereal moments. I don’t find it especially challenging, although some may have noticed by now, my taste in music tends to run off the beaten track, for want of another description. That’s not to say I don’t like more commercial music.

I think this release is an album that may define this thread, with the added understanding of how this thread morphed from an earlier thread.

Cheers.
:musical_note:

3 Likes