No good New music. Prove me wrong!

I heard this when it was released a few weeks ago… then ended up buying everything she had on Bandcamp. This album is really great.

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637258946676680660

1 Like

We hosted Reb Live because I heard one track on a TV show (The Brokenwood Mysteries) and was blown away. Hopeful and hopeless.
We asked her to play and she agreed. Next thing I knew, I was picking her up with her daughter Lola at Colchester railway station in my little Hyundai i10.
She had us at the sound check and her support slot put her to the top of out A list.
She was so generous letting us release the recording we made of a new song Lighthouse on youtube, she had just written for her son who she was in the UK to meet up with.

The absolute quality of this album was little surprise to me

2 Likes

I’d like to mention Biffy Clyro.
A MASSIVE band in many parts of the world but almost completely unknown in North America.
I’m a huge fan and have converted many others her in Montreal where they play tiny venues compared to the sold-out arenas in Europe etc.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Big Biffy fans in this house. I’ve seen them in the UK in arenas and here in Vancouver in very small venues - in the small venues their shows are just amazing, such energy. Their Revolutions: Live at Wembley album is one of my top 2 or 3 live albums. Can’t wait for their new album in August.

Released 8 Sep 2017. Don’t remember how I discovered this, maybe courtesy of Radio Paradise.

1 Like

Released 2017. A beautiful recording.

3 Likes

Check this out.

1 Like

I’ve discovered the Huun‐Huur‐Tu & Tinariwen and i’m hooked. Anyone has any more recommendations.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Some damn fine Blues Rock/Psychedelic Rock happening here.

RoonShareImage-637355246346997550RoonShareImage-637355246716096420

Music is kind of like memories.
Virtually all the good ones are already here.
Most of today’s wont be remembered for long.
So what’s new now always pales before what’s already here.
I noticed this a long time ago.

If your goal is to recognize, rather than experience. There’s so much new to experience and learn from if we care to seek it, in music as in every other aspect of life.

1 Like

They used to say the same thing about Mozart and the Beatles…

1 Like

I suspect the ratio of memorable to not so much is about the same then as now.
Being able to access it later makes it no more memorable.
All the guys that weren’t “Mozarts” are pretty much forgotten.
Likewise the Beatles.
Anyone you know still have any Paule Revere and the Raiders records?

I think this depends on how we define “new” in this particular context. As I see it, what’s “old” always pales before what’s “new”. That’s because I don’t think it’s the release date that makes music “new” or “modern” or “(artistically) relevant”. I rather think it’s the artist’s originality, creativity or willingness to experiment and explore untrodden musical paths…