No more wall warts, I hope

You’re correct: it was Taiwan. Thanks for catching my error. :grinning:

As an alternative to an AIO power supply (ex: Wyred4Sound) consider the iFi audio low noise power supply. I bought a couple to use with my router and MOCA adapter and they are an improvement over the throwaway wall warts typically packaged with this devices.

HDPlex has been a positive for both the wall watt problem and sound quality. I had used it for a year on my microRendu and another device when I did the calculations and saw it had enough juice for my Mytek Brooklyn. Unplugged the Brooklyn from the PSAudio PowerPlant 5 and into HDPlex. Improved. When my wife sat down to listen after dinner that night, she said, “Wow, so much better, what did you buy now?!”

2 Likes

Just got an e-mail from HDPLex.

The 200w LPS will be available for pre-order the end of the week, with delivery starting April 27th.

There must be a waiting list, no email & still shows “out of stock.”

:persevere:

No. I got this from the horse’s mouth. Wait til the end of the week and see.

1 Like

Hi!!

Does anyone know or have tested the LPSU made and sold by Audiophonics?

I am considering one of these for the USBridge and/or UP Board.

AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 Linear Regulated Low Noise Power Supply USB 220V to 5V 2A 25VA
AUDIOPHONICS PSHP Regulated Linear Power Supply 5V 4A 60VA

I am sure that even the one with 2A will feed both devices without problem although the other one seems better.

I have one of these (110V version) powering a non-Roon system at work (RPi+Pi2Designs 502DAc+PiTouch 7in screen+2TB USB SSD). I had to tweak the voltage adjustment (screw through a small hole) to avoid Pi’s low voltage warnings, it has been working great since. I probably should have got the 60VA LPS, but I don’t recall seeing it at the time. Anyway, the LPSU25 seems to be handling the job.

1 Like

Thanks @Fernando_Pereira for your feedback. I appreciate it very much.

Now available for pre-order.

1 Like

Thanks Slim, the email arrived :+1:

There’s no line filtration but I’m considering
Middle Atlantic PD-DC-45

Sanus CAPT01

To end all Wall Warts from existence in my home

Im currently using an HDPLEX 200W for my Lumin D1 @ 12V fixed, my Asus i7-7700 core system with HDPLEX 400W ATX HiFi power distributor @ 19V fixed in a Streacom Fanless FC8 chassis and the Uptone ER on 7.5V variable. No complaints. Saved 2 outlets and still have one variable 3.3-12V output at 2A to be used for something else. Maybe my SMS-200 or microRendu

1 Like

You could do something like this. If you have a rack mount system. Place all your small devices in one place. I focused on my 5V devices in this case, with the exception of the one 12V device. Then I wired them up with a 40A 5V supply. I had to slow the fan down inside of the supply as it was noisyAF.

Perhaps the only issue here is that the 5V are all derived from the same supply thus no isolation, certainly will save power points tho.

Correct if you are worried about isolation, you would need to isolate this yourself. Diodes would suffice. But unless your audio is directly affected by one of these devices, I think isolation would be overkill.

For non audio related device yes its a great solution.