No playback anymore, neither from library nor Tidal

Hi @landogarner ----- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback! Glad to hear that undoing the jumbo frames settings had restored stability to your setup :clap::+1: In my most humble opinion, I always prefer to not have jumbo frames engaged as every link in the chain on the network must have jumbo frames enabled in order to work, and if they don’t things become a bit finicky as you have already noticed.

Moving forward, the dropout you have been experiencing can be caused by a number of reasons as we have highlighted in our knowledge base. I have found that the most common reasons for this issue are either some sort of networking problem OR equipment issues. A few months ago we had a user who was experiencing dropouts in a VERY high end audio setup and the root of the problem ended up being a failing drive in their NAS.

With that in mind, the best practice for troubleshooting this type of issue is to simplify the current setup to it’s bare minimum and add pieces of the “chain” back in until the issue is reproduced. While tedious, this process of elimination has been quite reliable, as I myself have used this troubleshooting method while investigating any dropout related issues in my home audio setup.

-Eric